The Bonnes Mares 2004 from Bertheau is quite mature and almost ready to rock. The bouquet starts out with a hint of iodine – but after a few minutes the nose reveals openly knit red berry fruit, sous bois and a finely grained minerality. The palate show more expressive fruit – openly knit red fruit with a strong backbone of quite vibrant acidity and playful minerality. Compared to the 04 Bonnes Mares from Roumier this is slightly lighter, and it does not quite match the purity of the Roumier. This wine is however more forward and expressive and without the slight austerity found in the Roumiers 04 – two very different wines – but quite evenly matched. Bottom line – a lovely Bonnes Mares from Bertheau – and a very impressive effort for the vintage.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Bertheau, Bonnes Mares 2008 October 28, 2018
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses 2009 July 23, 2017
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses 2007 February 27, 2015
- Domaine Bertheau, Bonnes Mares 2011 October 12, 2014
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses 2010 December 25, 2013
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle Musigny 2008 September 23, 2013
- Domaine Bertheau, Bonnes Mares 2004 March 15, 2013
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses 2002 October 11, 2012
- Bertheau, Chambolle Musigny Charmes 2008 December 18, 2011
- Domaine Bertheau, Bonnes Mares 2007 September 2, 2011
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle Musigny Les Amoureuses 2008 September 1, 2011
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle Musigny Les Amoureuses 2007 August 29, 2011
- Domaine Bertheau Les Amoureuses 2007 July 22, 2011
- Visit Domaine François Bertheau – tasting the 2018s The wines from Domaine François Bertheau have given me a lot of hedonistic pleasures over the years, and while they do not always show well from cask, they normally deliver the goods from bottle. The 2018 vintage is different, however, as I have never seen the wines from François Bertheau shine as brightly as in this ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses The Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is one of the most prominent wines from this refined and sensual vineyard. I have therefore taken a closer look at the Vogüé Les Amoureuses … as most by now know that Les Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is one of the delights of Burgundy … filigree, cool ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Bertheau, Bonnes Mares The Domaine Bertheau Bonnes Mares is somewhat overlooked and misunderstood. Firstly the focus on Domaine Bertheau have always been somewhat limited, secondly the Les Amoureuses seem to take most of the fame and glory. Although I do love the Les Amoureuses – the Bonnes Mares is however the bigger wine in the Bertheau portfolio, and is ...
- Vineyard Insight: Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is the delight of Burgundy … filigree, sensual, cool and refined. The female pendant to Musigny with the same type of regal minerality – yet more delicate and lightfooted – without the sheer power and depth of the mighty Musigny. By heart it’s a 1er cru – and while many argue that it ...
- Terroir Insight – Domaine Bertheau Chambolle Les Amoureuses I love Chambolle-Musigny perhaps the most vibrant and sensual appellation … While the Chambolle appellation is rather large the number of top end producers located in the village of Chambolle is rather limited, and somehow it’s not often a bright new star is rising from this village. There are great estates in this village – but they ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...