The Amoureuses 2010 from Francois Bertheau gorgeous and enjoyable wine in the making. I tasted this from cask in the summer of 2011 where it showed a very fine promise … and I’m certainly not disappointed. In the nose layers of lovely sweet red fruit – strawberries, red currant and pomegranate – spiced with a refined minerality. On the palate airy red fruit delicately balanced and graced with the lovely minerality from the fantastic Amoureuses terroir. Not a big and dense wine, but the length and the underlying power is newertheless quite impressive in a refined and understated way. A beautiful wine … lightfooted, airy, filigree and a true pleasure.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Bertheau, Bonnes Mares 2008 October 28, 2018
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses 2009 July 23, 2017
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses 2007 February 27, 2015
- Domaine Bertheau, Bonnes Mares 2011 October 12, 2014
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses 2010 December 25, 2013
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle Musigny 2008 September 23, 2013
- Domaine Bertheau, Bonnes Mares 2004 March 15, 2013
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses 2002 October 11, 2012
- Bertheau, Chambolle Musigny Charmes 2008 December 18, 2011
- Domaine Bertheau, Bonnes Mares 2007 September 2, 2011
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle Musigny Les Amoureuses 2008 September 1, 2011
- Domaine Bertheau, Chambolle Musigny Les Amoureuses 2007 August 29, 2011
- Domaine Bertheau Les Amoureuses 2007 July 22, 2011
- Visit Domaine François Bertheau – tasting the 2018sThe wines from Domaine François Bertheau have given me a lot of hedonistic pleasures over the years, and while they do not always show well from cask, they normally deliver the goods from bottle. The 2018 vintage is different, however, as I have never seen the wines from François Bertheau shine as brightly as in this ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Chambolle-Musigny Les AmoureusesThe Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is one of the most prominent wines from this refined and sensual vineyard. I have therefore taken a closer look at the Vogüé Les Amoureuses … as most by now know that Les Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is one of the delights of Burgundy … filigree, cool ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Bertheau, Bonnes MaresThe Domaine Bertheau Bonnes Mares is somewhat overlooked and misunderstood. Firstly the focus on Domaine Bertheau have always been somewhat limited, secondly the Les Amoureuses seem to take most of the fame and glory. Although I do love the Les Amoureuses – the Bonnes Mares is however the bigger wine in the Bertheau portfolio, and is ...
- Vineyard Insight: Chambolle-Musigny Les AmoureusesChambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is the delight of Burgundy … filigree, sensual, cool and refined. The female pendant to Musigny with the same type of regal minerality – yet more delicate and lightfooted – without the sheer power and depth of the mighty Musigny. By heart it’s a 1er cru – and while many argue that it ...
- Terroir Insight – Domaine Bertheau Chambolle Les AmoureusesI love Chambolle-Musigny perhaps the most vibrant and sensual appellation … While the Chambolle appellation is rather large the number of top end producers located in the village of Chambolle is rather limited, and somehow it’s not often a bright new star is rising from this village. There are great estates in this village – but they ...