The Puligny Montrachet v2010 from Domaine Leflaive is a very impressive village wine. In the bouquet – slightly closed – but with a slightly chalky minerality and a lovely fruit expression – melon with hints of more exotic orchard fruits. Very fresh, ripe and crystal clear and quite discrete – this is new school Leflaive! On the palate very refined with a good mid-palate weight, great balance and a long precise finish. Like many 2010s it currently shows a yin and yang effect between the acidity and fruit – this tension is fine – but it really need time to show the full pontential. Very impressive village effort from Domaine Leflaive.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2010 May 30, 2014
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny Montrachet 1999 February 5, 2014
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2000 January 8, 2014
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Combettes 1996 January 3, 2014
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny Montrachet 2001 June 19, 2013
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 1996 March 27, 2013
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2002 March 12, 2013
- Domaine Leflaive, Batard Montrachet 2010 February 25, 2013
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny Montrachet 2010 November 28, 2012
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 1999 October 5, 2012
- Domaine Leflaive, Bourgogne Blanc 2010 September 28, 2012
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny Montrachet 2010 September 24, 2012
- Domaine Leflaive, Les Pucelles 2000 August 5, 2012
- Domaine Leflaive, Bourgogne Blanc 2008 July 27, 2012
- Sips and Samples #5 – New Year 2011 January 6, 2012
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny Montrachet Clavoillon 2008 October 7, 2011
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier Montrachet 2004 October 6, 2011
- Domaine Leflaive, Les Pucelles 2000 September 23, 2011
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier Montrachet 1997 August 24, 2011
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier Montrachet 1995 August 23, 2011
- Domaine Leflaive Puligny Montrachet 2006 July 5, 2011
- Domaine Leflaive Les Pucelles 1996 June 27, 2011
- Domaine Leflaive Batard Montrachet 1994 June 27, 2011
- Visit at Domaine Leflaive – tasting the 2013 vintage I have been tasting, drinking and buying the Domaine Leflaive wines since the early 1990s – and always considered these wines to be among the very very best whites from Burgundy. To be honest I had some slight doubts in the mid 2000s … but from 2008 Domaine Leflaive seem to have improved quality even further ...
- Burgundy November 2014 – Day One First day in rainy Burgundy – two visits – first Domaine Dujac with Alec Seysess, tasting the 2013s from cask – secondly (feels completely wrong to write secondly in connection with this estate) Domaine Leflaive – where I had the priviledge to taste the 2013s with winemaker Eric Remy. Visit no 1: Domaine Dujac in ...
- Domaine Leflaive – Producer Profile Domaine Leflaive is one of the very best producers of white Burgundy. Leflaive is producing a big selection of whites, from Bourgogne Blanc to Montrachet – and all the wines are normally among the very best wines in their category. Leflaive is one of the legendary produceres of white Burgundy, and they have been at ...
- WineHog rating system – articulated Robert Parker!! Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...