The 2007 Laflaive Chevalier is showing very well indeed and even surpassing the delightful Batard 2007 .. perfect ripeness for the vintage. In the nose quite expressive organic fruit … richer and more exotic that the frisky Batrard – offering white peach, white flowers, hint of apple and pineapple. On the palate weighty organic fruit – rich and long – all focused by the fine 2007 acidity. It’s showing considerable power and length – with it’s powerful and filigree minerality – a big and quite refined Chevalier … not quite maching the 2010 though.
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2000 October 13, 2019
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2005 January 10, 2018
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier Montrachet 2004 July 20, 2017
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier Montrachet 2008 February 20, 2017
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier Montrachet 2006 December 22, 2016
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2000 October 11, 2016
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Clavoillon 2014 September 1, 2016
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier Montrachet 2007 October 14, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Batard Montrachet 2007 September 26, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Batard Montrachet 1996 July 11, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier-Montrachet 2010 April 13, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevallier-Montrachet 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Batard-Montrachet 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Bienvenues Batard-Montrachet 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Combettes 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Folatieres 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Clavoillon 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Meursault Sous le Dos d’Ane 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet 2013 April 3, 2015
- Visit to Domaine Leflaive – Tasting the 2021s Before BottlingThe 2021 vintage in many ways comes from an annus horribilis, especially if you are located in Côte de Beaune and make white wine. Pierre Vincent, winemaker The April frost struck hard and also somewhat randomly, leaving some vineyards denuded of fruit, according to Domaine Leflaive winemaker Pierre Vincent. The estate lost 50% to 80% of ...
- Visit to Domaine Leflaive – Tasting the 2020s During ElevageI’ve tasted quite a few white 2020s, and I was therefore delighted and excited to taste the ’20s at Domaine Leflaive with Pierre Vincent, the estate’s winemaker and general manager. Pierre Vincent Improvements in the new Leflaive era Domaine Leflaive has undertaken some major improvements, including a full re-conception and re-working of its cellars. Previously, Leflaive ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Leflaive Chevalier-MontrachetOne of Burgundy’s legendary white wines is Domaine Leflaive’s Chevalier-Montrachet. While it’s not Montrachet, it is for many the domaine’s top wine – as the Montrachet is elusively rare. Domaine Leflaive is the second-largest owner of Chevalier-Montrachet (Bouchard Pere et Fils is the largest) and it has several beautifully located plots in the vineyard. Let’s go to ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Leflaive Bienvenues-Batard-MontrachetBienvenues-Batard-Montrachet is a special vineyard producing an intriguing wine that on occasion can give Batard-Montrachet a run for its money. Yet often it frustrates your expectations, and you would have preferred a bottle of Chevalier-Montrachet or a more predictable Batard. Pierre Vincent – Domaine Leflaive March 2017 So what is it with Bienvenues-Batard? Let’s find out. The nature ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet ClavoillonI have old, fond memories of Domaine Leflaive, and have for many years treasured the Leflaive style. While Leflaive has what one could call the “full monty” of Puligny-Montrachet’s great wines, one vineyard is a bit overlooked: Clavoillon. This is for me, however, a wine with extraordinary emotional qualities that offers delightful hedonism. In plain English: It ...