Lets face it … I’m not a big admirer of the Pernand Vergelesses terroir – but this effort from Mongeard is actually a quite lovely wine. The Pernand Vergelesses Les Vergelesses 1er cru 2010 from Mongeard-Mugneret is a very expressive and straight forward pinot. In the bouquet cool red fruit – raspberries and forest strawberries – with a clear hint of both the domaine style and origin. On the palate juicy red fruit – a quite good concentration – lovely balance with a firmness from the terroir. The fruit expression is perhaps more Mongeard-Mugneret than Pernand, and the Vosne origin of the producer is also detectable …. and thats in my view not a bad thing in a Pernand. Summing up – a lovely and quite joyful wine.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Mongeard Mugneret, Echezeaux Grande Complication 2012 December 20, 2015
- Domaine Mongeard-Mugneret, Savigny Les Narbantons 2012 March 6, 2015
- Domaine Mongeard Mugneret, Vosne Les Petits Monts 2011 March 4, 2015
- Mongeard-Mugneret, Pernand Vergelesses 1er cru 2010 February 22, 2013
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...