Lets face it … I’m not a big admirer of the Pernand Vergelesses terroir – but this effort from Mongeard is actually a quite lovely wine. The Pernand Vergelesses Les Vergelesses 1er cru 2010 from Mongeard-Mugneret is a very expressive and straight forward pinot. In the bouquet cool red fruit – raspberries and forest strawberries – with a clear hint of both the domaine style and origin. On the palate juicy red fruit – a quite good concentration – lovely balance with a firmness from the terroir. The fruit expression is perhaps more Mongeard-Mugneret than Pernand, and the Vosne origin of the producer is also detectable …. and thats in my view not a bad thing in a Pernand. Summing up – a lovely and quite joyful wine.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Mongeard Mugneret, Echezeaux Grande Complication 2012 December 20, 2015
- Domaine Mongeard-Mugneret, Savigny Les Narbantons 2012 March 6, 2015
- Domaine Mongeard Mugneret, Vosne Les Petits Monts 2011 March 4, 2015
- Mongeard-Mugneret, Pernand Vergelesses 1er cru 2010 February 22, 2013
- Terroir View: Domaine Mongeard-Mugneret , Vosne-Romanée Les Petits Monts Mongeard-Mugneret is one of the lesser known producers of Vosne-Romanée Les Petits-Monts. They do however have a very nice plot located just above their plot in Richebourg. So lets just take a quick look at the Mongeard-Mugneret plot! Vosne-Romanée Les Petits-Monts Petits-Monts is a medium size 1er cru – in total 3.67 ha – located above Richebourg – ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Mongeard-Mugneret, Richebourg Domaine Mongeard-Mugneret is one of larger producers in Vosne-Romanée, producing a large range of wines from Bourgogne-Rouge to Richebourg. The top wine of the estate is the Richebourg, and while it’s a rather costly bottle, the quality has been rather mixed from time to time. I do however feel a certain step forward in quality in ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...