The Petits Monts 2011 from Mongeard Mugneret is showing better than I expected. In the nose fine and fresh red berry fruit .. notes of raspberris and some darker foret berries supported by a nice minerlity .. the oak is remakably well integrated. On the palate nice and pure fruit .. but lacking some stuffing on the midpalate … and has a touch of the slight hollowness that I find in many Mongeard-Mugneret wines. Not a bad wine .. but it lacks some fruit and weight on the midpalate in my view.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Mongeard Mugneret, Echezeaux Grande Complication 2012 December 20, 2015
- Domaine Mongeard-Mugneret, Savigny Les Narbantons 2012 March 6, 2015
- Domaine Mongeard Mugneret, Vosne Les Petits Monts 2011 March 4, 2015
- Mongeard-Mugneret, Pernand Vergelesses 1er cru 2010 February 22, 2013
- Terroir View: Domaine Mongeard-Mugneret , Vosne-Romanée Les Petits MontsMongeard-Mugneret is one of the lesser known producers of Vosne-Romanée Les Petits-Monts. They do however have a very nice plot located just above their plot in Richebourg. So lets just take a quick look at the Mongeard-Mugneret plot! Vosne-Romanée Les Petits-Monts Petits-Monts is a medium size 1er cru – in total 3.67 ha – located above Richebourg – ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Mongeard-Mugneret, RichebourgDomaine Mongeard-Mugneret is one of larger producers in Vosne-Romanée, producing a large range of wines from Bourgogne-Rouge to Richebourg. The top wine of the estate is the Richebourg, and while it’s a rather costly bottle, the quality has been rather mixed from time to time. I do however feel a certain step forward in quality in ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...