What is a new name? In Winehog terms, it’s a vigneron whose wines I never tasted before, and a producer about whom I have little or no knowledge. Some will be known to some readers, other will be brand new.
Domaine Françoise André
Domaine Françoise André is a new name to me, yet is a mature estate founded in 1983. Françoise André is the mother-in-law of the domaine’s current manager, Lauriane André, who has been running – and reviving – the estate since 2010.
This is a surprising domaine that has been working hard, and is now organic, having found its style in both reds and whites. Finding a natural style and working to perfect it is difficult, and many never reach this stage. Domaine Françoise André has done so, and the whites are already there: tremendous wines. The reds, with seven days of pre-fermentation cold soak, set the future path; very exciting wines.
So yes, to me a new name. To you, most likely also!
Yet to come
This is an exciting, substantial estate, and I will do a full review of the 2022 vintage.
The whites are fresh, lively, and with a vivid, energetic style. They drink well and are enjoyable; stylish wines. The reds are likewise, and thanks to the cold pre-maceration, are both forward and lively, just the way I like it.
I’m looking forward to diving into the tasting notes!
Domaine Françoise André wines
- Corton Les Renardes Rouge Grand Cru
- Corton-Charlemagne Blanc Grand Cru
- Beaune 1er Cru Blanc Belissand
- Beaune 1er Cru Rouge Les Reversées
- Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru Blanc Sous Frétille
- Savigny-Les-Beaune 1er Cru Rouge Les Narbantons
- Savigny-Les-Beaune 1er Cru Rouge Les Jarrons
- Savigny-Les-Beaune 1er Cru Blanc Les Hauts Jarrons
- Savigny-Les-Beaune 1er Cru Blanc Les Vergelesses
- Savigny-Les-Beaune 1er Cru Rouge Les Vergelesses
- Pommard Rouge Les Vaumuriens
- Pernand-Vergelesses Blanc Les Pins
- Chorey-les-Beaune Blanc Les Tue Boeuf
- Chorey-les-Beaune Rouge Les Tue Boeuf
- Beaune Rouge Montée Rouge
- Beaune Rouge Les Bons Feuvres
- Savigny-Les-Beaune Rouge Ez Connardises
- Bourgogne Côte d’Or Blanc
- Bourgogne Côte d’Or Rouge
Domaine name: Domaine Françoise André
Phone: +33 (0) 6 24 66 38 86
An article and tasting notes will follow shortly.
- “Don’t Half-Ass It”Half-ass (v.): To do something poorly due to lack of care or effort. Sometimes elegant elocutions and poetic phrases seem to lack the punch needed to get people’s attention – at least when I see what people drink. The phrase above is from actor Matthew McConaughey’s father, James Donald McConaughey, who passed away “in action” so to ...
You need to login as a Premium subscriber to read the rest of this article. If you are not a Premium Subscriber, use the subscribe function and sign-up.