After yearly, consistent improvements, I have decided to promote Domaine Georges Glantenay to the top of vin d’émotion producers’ chart: . It is my highest praise on the vin d’émotion evaluation scale.
First and foremost, the wines from Georges Glantenay are truly hedonistic and enjoyable. But they also guard a close link to their terroirs – Volnay, Pommard, and Chambolle-Musigny.
The wines are made with care and insight, yet are not technical. They are wines of enjoyment, effortless and full of energy.
The use of intracellular fermentation in some of them does produce more energy in those cuvees, and underlines that technical progress does have real, beneficial possibilities.
But above all, these wine make me smile!
To simplify your search for emotional wines, I have compiled a list of the top emotional producers in each appellation.
- Vins d’Emotion from Chassagne-Montrachet and St. Aubin
- Vins d’Emotion from Puligny-Montrachet
- Vins d’Emotion from Meursault
- Vins d’Emotion from Volnay and Pommard
- Vins d’Emotion from the Côte de Nuits – Off Piste
- Vins d’Emotion from Nuits-Saint-Georges – (New added)
- Vins d’Emotion from Vosne-Romanée and Flagey-Echezeaux (update)
- Vins d’Emotion from Chambolle-Musigny and Vougeot
- Vins d’Emotion from Morey-Saint-Denis
- Vins d’Emotion from Gevrey-Chambertin