The Clos de la Roche 2000 from Domine Ponsot is a lovely fully mature wine. The bouquet is open and expressive with red berry fruit and sous-bois – notes of orange and truffles. On the palate mature red fruit – quite rich and transparent for the vintage. It offer a fine complexity and a good display of terroir – but is fading slightly after some time in the glass. A typical 2000 – very harmonious but lacking a bit of focus, depth and energy. Drink now – before the slightly oxidative note in the finish get more pronounced. A lovely glass of mature pinot.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1993 February 15, 2016
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 1998 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Chapelle Chambertin 1998 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1998 October 31, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2003 October 30, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1996 October 28, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Gevrey-Chambertin Cuvee l’Abeille 2007 March 30, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2012 March 10, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte-Chambertin 1999 February 15, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1999 February 14, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Gevrey-Chambertin Cuvee l’Abeille 2001 December 3, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Morey Les Alouettes 2011 March 10, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2011 February 27, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Chambolle Les Charmes 1999 August 25, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche Vieilles Vignes 2000 April 2, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2010 March 1, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 2002 October 18, 2012
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1993 March 19, 2012
- Sips and Samples – week 43 – 2011 October 28, 2011
- Domaine Ponsot Morey Saint Denis Cuvee des Alouettes 1999 July 5, 2011
- Vineyard Insight: Griotte-Chambertin Griotte-Chambertin has a special place in my Burgundy heart – as it was one of the first Grand Crus I acquired when I began to collect Burgundies around 1990. I adore a good Griotte as it often seems to offer both drinkability and delicate complexity not often found in a Gevrey – aside form the magnificent ...
- Vineyard Insight: Clos Saint-Denis – the queen of Morey Clos Saint-Denis is the somewhat unknown star of Morey-Saint-Denis … often overshadowed by its neighbour Clos de la Roche. This is however a vineyard that should not be missed … with its more floral and lightfooted expression of Morey … the queen of the appellation … more refined and silky but perhaps lacking the weight and ...
- Clos de la Roche – the core of Morey-Saint-Denis I have so far neglected the Morey-Saint-Denis appellation in my vineyard research .. but now its time to take on the wolves. Morey-Saint-Denis have several Grand Crus to offer .. Clos de Tart, a part of Bonnes Mares, Clos Saint Denis and Clos des Lambrays …but the signature wine of Morey is in my book somehow ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...