The Clos de la Roche 2000 from Domine Ponsot is a lovely fully mature wine. The bouquet is open and expressive with red berry fruit and sous-bois – notes of orange and truffles. On the palate mature red fruit – quite rich and transparent for the vintage. It offer a fine complexity and a good display of terroir – but is fading slightly after some time in the glass. A typical 2000 – very harmonious but lacking a bit of focus, depth and energy. Drink now – before the slightly oxidative note in the finish get more pronounced. A lovely glass of mature pinot.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Prices and store information is provided by wine-searcher.com
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Ponsot, Chambolle Les Charmes 1999 August. 25. 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche Vieilles Vignes 2000 April. 2. 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2010 March. 1. 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 2002 October. 18. 2012
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1993 March. 19. 2012
- Sips and Samples – week 43 – 2011 October. 28. 2011
- Domaine Ponsot Morey Saint Denis Cuvee des Alouettes 1999 July. 5. 2011
- WineHog rating system – articulated Robert Parker!! I use my own 100 point rating system here at Winehog.org. Compared with other rating systems used by Robert Parker, Wine Spectator, Allen Meadows (BurgHound), I have more steps between 85 points and 100 points. The change of the rating system is due to the need to separate the many really good and fine wines rated ...