The Domaine Ponsot Chapelle Chambertin 1999 is beginning to show some mature notes – fruit is more organic and red starting to expand the complexity. The nose is lovely fine mixture of red and dark berries – delicate and showing a lovely generous red fruit. On the palate rich quite weighty with plenty of fruit to provide a lovely future. A lovely Chapelle in my view – beginning to look good – but will keep 10 years more at least.
(Drink From 2023) – Very Fine (94p) – Tasted 07/05/2019.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de Vougeot 2002 May 10, 2019
- Domaine Ponsot, Chapelle Chambertin 1999 May 9, 2019
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 2008 September 28, 2017
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1993 February 15, 2016
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 1998 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Chapelle Chambertin 1998 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1998 October 31, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2003 October 30, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1996 October 28, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Gevrey-Chambertin Cuvee l’Abeille 2007 March 30, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2012 March 10, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte-Chambertin 1999 February 15, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1999 February 14, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Gevrey-Chambertin Cuvee l’Abeille 2001 December 3, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Morey Les Alouettes 2011 March 10, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2011 February 27, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Chambolle Les Charmes 1999 August 25, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche Vieilles Vignes 2000 April 2, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2010 March 1, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 2002 October 18, 2012
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1993 March 19, 2012
- Sips and Samples – week 43 – 2011 October 28, 2011
- Domaine Ponsot Morey Saint Denis Cuvee des Alouettes 1999 July 5, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Ponsot Clos de la RocheClos de la Roche is the king of Morey-Saint-Denis to many, as well as a vineyard that represents the tradition of the Morey-Saint-Denis appellation. It is a vineyard dominated by Morey-based producers; the largest is Domaine Ponsot and the second largest, Domaine Dujac. Domaine Ponsot Clos de la Roche was the first grand cru I acquired when ...
- Vins d’Emotion from Morey-Saint-DenisTo simplify your search for emotional wines, I have decided to compile a list of the top emotional producers in each appellation. Comments and thoughts The list contains producers that regularly score an emotional rating, and they are ranked in three levels. I hope this proves useful; here we go! Note that wines marked with brackets [ ...
- Domaine Ponsot 2020s: A New BeginningTo good beginnings! When I began collecting Burgundies in the early 1990s, I started out by buying some Ponsot wines, including the 1988 Clos de la Roche, which was already regarded as one of the top cuvées in Burgundy. I followed that with some 1990 Griottes-Chambertin. Those wines are long gone, but ever since then, ...