The 2008 Griotte Chambertin from Ponsot is still quite youthful, but is showing some development. The nose is offering cool red and dark fruit – delicate variations of cherries – presented by a nice earthy minerality. On the palate fresh and energetic – thanks to the vibrant 2008 acidity. Very balanced for the vintage with a lovely vivacious fruit – good intensity and detail. A gorgeous wine – from magnum – expressive and enjoyable. Would benefit from 5 to 10 years more in the cellar … what a delightful glass. A magnificent effort for the vintage.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de Vougeot 2002 May 10, 2019
- Domaine Ponsot, Chapelle Chambertin 1999 May 9, 2019
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 2008 September 28, 2017
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1993 February 15, 2016
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 1998 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Chapelle Chambertin 1998 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1998 October 31, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2003 October 30, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1996 October 28, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Gevrey-Chambertin Cuvee l’Abeille 2007 March 30, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2012 March 10, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte-Chambertin 1999 February 15, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1999 February 14, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Gevrey-Chambertin Cuvee l’Abeille 2001 December 3, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Morey Les Alouettes 2011 March 10, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2011 February 27, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Chambolle Les Charmes 1999 August 25, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche Vieilles Vignes 2000 April 2, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2010 March 1, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 2002 October 18, 2012
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1993 March 19, 2012
- Sips and Samples – week 43 – 2011 October 28, 2011
- Domaine Ponsot Morey Saint Denis Cuvee des Alouettes 1999 July 5, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Ponsot Chambertin One of the somewhat overlooked producers of the mighty Chambertin vineyard is Domaine Ponsot. It’s a magnificent Chambertin and while the Clos de la Roche and the Clos Saint-Denis are great wines – the Chambertin is perhaps the most elusive and complex wine in the Ponsot portfolio. The current question is however, what will happen to ...
- What we know: Laurent Ponsot to leave Domaine Ponsot I’m an old and rather sentimental guy at times … and the Ponsot news was a deep cut in my Bungundy roots. The first Grand Cru Burgundies I bought were two bottles of Clos de la Roche 1988 from Domaine Ponsot and some of the next were two bottles of Griottes-Chambertin 1990. This was more ...
- Breaking News – Laurent Ponsot to leave Domaine Ponsot It seems like Laurent Ponsot is going to leave the family business Domaine Ponsot – and start his own estate together with his son. Photo: Domaine Ponsot Update to article The development of this story does not currently provide a stable or consistent picture of the future situation. The latest interviw with Laurent Ponsot can be ...