The Domaine Ponsot Chapelle Clos de Vougeot 2002 is still somewhat backward. The nose is showing mainly dark fruits and a deep earthy minerality. On the palate quite intense and weighty fruit – deep and still rather youthful. A very fine Clos de Vougeot – that will need some years to unfold.
(Drink From 2025) – Very Fine (93p) – Tasted 07/05/2019.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de Vougeot 2002 May 10, 2019
- Domaine Ponsot, Chapelle Chambertin 1999 May 9, 2019
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 2008 September 28, 2017
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1993 February 15, 2016
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 1998 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Chapelle Chambertin 1998 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1998 October 31, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2003 October 30, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1996 October 28, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Gevrey-Chambertin Cuvee l’Abeille 2007 March 30, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2012 March 10, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte-Chambertin 1999 February 15, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1999 February 14, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Gevrey-Chambertin Cuvee l’Abeille 2001 December 3, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Morey Les Alouettes 2011 March 10, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2011 February 27, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Chambolle Les Charmes 1999 August 25, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche Vieilles Vignes 2000 April 2, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2010 March 1, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 2002 October 18, 2012
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1993 March 19, 2012
- Sips and Samples – week 43 – 2011 October 28, 2011
- Domaine Ponsot Morey Saint Denis Cuvee des Alouettes 1999 July 5, 2011
- Terroir View: Hubert Lignier Clos de la Roche – a new cuvée Domaine Hubert Lignier was one of first estates I visited when I began my quest to understand Burgundy. This was back in the late 1990s when Romain Lignier was making truly magnificent wines at Domaine Hubert Lignier. Sadly Romain passed away in an untimely fashion in 2004 and, while the years after this were somewhat turbulent, ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Ponsot Chambertin One of the somewhat overlooked producers of the mighty Chambertin vineyard is Domaine Ponsot. It’s a magnificent Chambertin and while the Clos de la Roche and the Clos Saint-Denis are great wines – the Chambertin is perhaps the most elusive and complex wine in the Ponsot portfolio. The current question is however, what will happen to ...
- What we know: Laurent Ponsot to leave Domaine Ponsot I’m an old and rather sentimental guy at times … and the Ponsot news was a deep cut in my Bungundy roots. The first Grand Cru Burgundies I bought were two bottles of Clos de la Roche 1988 from Domaine Ponsot and some of the next were two bottles of Griottes-Chambertin 1990. This was more ...