The Volnay Caillerets 2005 from Lucien Le Moine is a surprisingly accessible and forward wine. In the nose red and blue berry fruit – notes of raspberries, blueberries and hints of cherries. The bouquet is wonderfully spiced with violets, a nice stony minerality and a touch of oak. On the palate very impressive weight and power for the terroir – quite openly knit for a 2005. Really like the powerful, fruity and openly knit style … a exiting wine with it’s spicy minerality. A lovely, balanced and enjoyable wine … a nice surprise currently.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Lucien Le Moine, Chambolle-Musigny Hauts Doix 2010 November 29, 2017
- Lucien Le Moine, Pommard Les Epenots 2010 July 5, 2017
- Maison Lucien Le Moine, Meursault Perrieres 2014 May 8, 2017
- Lucien !e Moine, Bonnes Mares 2009 May 20, 2015
- Lucien Le Moine Volnay Les Caillerets 2005 December 4, 2013
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...