The Lucien Le Moine Meurault Perrieres 2014 is a slightly odd tasting bloke. The nose is quite expressive with plenty of lees notes present and the citrus infused fruit is quite subdued and the oak at the same time quite forward. This is quite a special style – and sadly too dominant currently – letting little of the 2014 delicacy through. This is not a poor wine, but this need to settle down to get more of the delightful and refined 2014 fruit to reappear in the wine. Not a wine for me to be honest. But lets give it the benefit of the doubt.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Lucien Le Moine, Chambolle-Musigny Hauts Doix 2010 November 29, 2017
- Lucien Le Moine, Pommard Les Epenots 2010 July 5, 2017
- Maison Lucien Le Moine, Meursault Perrieres 2014 May 8, 2017
- Lucien !e Moine, Bonnes Mares 2009 May 20, 2015
- Lucien Le Moine Volnay Les Caillerets 2005 December 4, 2013
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...