The Vosne-Romanee Aux Malconsort 2013 from Sebastien Cathiard is not showing at the moment. It’s quite forward and floral with a vinous character … but is a bit unfocused currently. In the nose red and dark fruits, fine Vosne spices and a deep rather earthy minerality. On the palate quite openly knit – weighty and almost volumptous currently … a big wine. It’s however lacking af bit of definition currently compared to the Rousseau Gevrey-Chambertin Clos St. Jacques 2013. It’s nevertheless a very fine effort – need time to settle down and unfold.
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee Aux Malconsorts 2012 January 7, 2019
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne Aux Malconsorts 2011 July 7, 2018
- Domaine Cathiard, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee Aux Malconsorts 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee les Suchots 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee En Orveaux 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Murgers 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Thorey 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Chambolle-Musigny Clos de l’Orme 2014 March 7, 2016
- Vins d’Emotion from Vosne-Romanée and Flagey-EchezeauxTo simplify your search for emotional wines, I have decided to compile a list of the top emotional producers in each appellation. Comments and thoughts The list contains producers that regularly score an emotional rating, and they are ranked in three levels. I hope this proves useful; here we go! Note that any wines marked with brackets ...
- Visit to Domaine Cathiard – tasting the 2018s from caskI’m back at Domaine Cathiard after missing the 2017s last winter. And YES, it is good to be back. Cathiard has certainly taken its place in the Vosne hierarchy as a regular, dependable producer of hedonistic and very enjoyable wines. These are great wines. So let’s get thrilled … Photo: Sebastien Cathiard, November 2019 Impression and notes from tasting ...
- What are we drinking? Cathiard Malconsorts x 3A few weeks back, I was at a tremendous tasting where three bottles of Cathiard Malconsorts were opened as an extra treat at the end of the event. The trio of 2014, 2015 and 2016 is a display of Vosne supremacy. Not many wines outside the appellation are a match for a Cathiard firing on all ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Cathiard, Romanée Saint-VivantThe Romanee Saint-Vivant from Domaine Cathiard is a very pristine bottle – rare, expensive and first and foremost a tremendous glass of pinot. It is rare to see wines match the price of DRC – but on occasion the Cathiard Romanée Saint-Vivant is seen to match the RSV from Domaine de la Romanée-Conti – and while ...
- Visit Domaine Cathiard tasting of the 2016s from caskTo be honest it’s difficult to write an intro to this article – as I’m running out of adjectives regarding the magnificent wines from Domaine Sylvain Cathiard. In my view this is an estate that is truly at the top of its game – yet quality seem to get a notch higher each year. Great ...