The Malconsorts 2011 from Cathiard is showing very well indeed – confirming the fine form of the 2011 vintage at Cathiard. The nose is open and expressive – notes of dark cherries, plum and red currant – lovely Vosne spices – hints of violets, poeny rose, cinnamon and still a touch of oak. On the palate rich and rather forward fruit … airy with a fine intensity – proved a nice match for even La Tâche 2011 … although the Grand Cru is the bigger and less devloped wine. A great effort by Sebastien Cathiard .. lovely
(Drink From 2025) – Very Fine+ – (93 – 94p) – Tasted 04/07/2018
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee Aux Malconsorts 2012 January 7, 2019
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne Aux Malconsorts 2011 July 7, 2018
- Domaine Cathiard, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee Aux Malconsorts 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee les Suchots 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee En Orveaux 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Murgers 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Thorey 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Chambolle-Musigny Clos de l’Orme 2014 March 7, 2016
- Visit to Domaine Cathiard – Tasting the 2021sSebastien Cathiard is really expanding his family domaine with vineyards in the Hautes Cotes de Nuits. His production has increased dramatically, and as a consequence, Sebastien has expanded the estate buildings accordingly. It’s a huge expansion both under and above ground that gives him room to vinify and store the new wines. One could say that ...
- Vins d’Emotion from Vosne-Romanée and Flagey-EchezeauxTo simplify your search for emotional wines, I have decided to compile a list of the top emotional producers in each appellation. Comments and thoughts The list contains producers that regularly score an emotional rating, and they are ranked in three levels. I hope this proves useful; here we go! Note that any wines marked with brackets ...
- Visit to Domaine Cathiard – tasting the 2018s from caskI’m back at Domaine Cathiard after missing the 2017s last winter. And YES, it is good to be back. Cathiard has certainly taken its place in the Vosne hierarchy as a regular, dependable producer of hedonistic and very enjoyable wines. These are great wines. So let’s get thrilled … Photo: Sebastien Cathiard, November 2019 Impression and notes from tasting ...
- What are we drinking? Cathiard Malconsorts x 3A few weeks back, I was at a tremendous tasting where three bottles of Cathiard Malconsorts were opened as an extra treat at the end of the event. The trio of 2014, 2015 and 2016 is a display of Vosne supremacy. Not many wines outside the appellation are a match for a Cathiard firing on all ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Cathiard, Romanée Saint-VivantThe Romanee Saint-Vivant from Domaine Cathiard is a very pristine bottle – rare, expensive and first and foremost a tremendous glass of pinot. It is rare to see wines match the price of DRC – but on occasion the Cathiard Romanée Saint-Vivant is seen to match the RSV from Domaine de la Romanée-Conti – and while ...