It seems like I have underestimated the Gevrey Chambertin VV from Dupont-Tisserandot when I tasted it from cask back in October 2012. This is a gorgeous village – the bouquet is crammed with cool red fruit – cherries, pomegranate with hints of ruhbarb and gooseberries – and a lovely earthy minerality. On the palate beautiful rich and quite intense fruit – 50+ year old vines – a lovely backbone of acidity and ripe tannins. It’s long and quite complex for this level – a classic Gevrey in the best sense of the word – very harmonious and balanced. Truly impressive – and a great pleasure to drink.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Dupont-Tisserandot, Mazis Chambertin 2010 May 8, 2013
- Domaine Dupont-Tisserandot, Gevrey Chambertin VV 2011 May 7, 2013
- Domaine Dupont-Tisserandot, Corton-Rognets 2011 December 3, 2012
- Domaine Dupont-Tisserandot, Mazis Chambertin 2011 December 2, 2012
- Domaine Dupont-Tisserandot, Gevrey Laveaux St. Jacques 2011 December 2, 2012
- Domaine Dupont-Tisserandot, Charmes-Chambertin 2011 November 30, 2012
- Domaine Dupont-Tisserandot, Gevrey Les Cazetiers 2011 November 28, 2012
- Domaine Dupont-Tisserandot, Gevrey Petite Chapelle 2011 November 27, 2012
- Domaine Dupont-Tisserandot, Gevrey-Chambertin V.V. 2011 November 26, 2012
- Tasting of Domaine Dupont-Tisserandot 2011 from Cask On my recent visit to Burgundy we had the opportunity to visit Domaine Dupont-Tisserandot to taste the 2011 vintage from cask. It was my first visit to this fine, but quite discretely profiled domaine. It was a great pleasure to visit the Dupont-Tisserandot, as Didier Chevillon is a very friendly and talented winemaker. The wines were ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...