The Chambertin 02 is one of the better efforts from Jacques Prieur. The bouquet is quite open with sweet rather dark fruit, black cherries and liquorice. The oak is still quite present in the nose, but good complexity as the wine is starting to show. On the palate lush ripe sweet pinot fruit. A fine backbone from the big terroir. It’s however not very harmonious, as the fruit seems sort of separated from the minerality in the finish – leaving a quite dense fruit expression. This wine is fine, and far better than the worst Prieur efforts – still they should have done better with this terroir in an oustanding vintage.
(Drink From 2017) Fine – 91p
Buy this wine – stores and prices
Prices and store information is provided by wine-searcher.com
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jacques Prieur, Chevalier-Montrachet 2013 May 13, 2017
- Domaine Jacques Prieur, Chambertin 2002 March 8, 2012
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Jacques Prieur Musigny The Musigny from Jacques Prieur is pretty special … as it’s produced on the vineyard Chambolle-Musigny La Combe d’Orveau. Domaine Jacques Prieur has twice managed to get plots in La Combe d’Orveau promoted to Grand Crus status and included in the Mighty Musigny vineyard. It’s perhaps not one of the best Musigny produced .. but the history ...
- La Combe d’Orveau – village, 1er cru and a part of Musigny The Chambolle-Musigny La Combe d’Orveau is one of the hidden gems of Cote de Nuits. Only a few producers make wine from this slightly overlooked terroir and a part of of the climate is now a part of a “rather” well known grand cru. The grand cru is of course Musigny and the story about ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...