Georges Roumier, Bonnes Mares 2007 (93p) strong> was relatively closed, but still tasted good. A very fine wine, with even greater potential, and maybe it deserves a better rating …. but it really need more time. Very fine. (2018 – 2030) – 93p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle-Musigny 2015 September 8, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle Musigny Les Combottes 2010 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Chambolle Les Cras 1996 January 4, 2019
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Bonnes Mares 1999 November 5, 2018
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Morey-Saint-Denis Clos de la Bussiere 2015 February 19, 2018
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Chambolle Musigny Les Combottes 2015 February 14, 2018
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Ruchottes Chambertin 2007 September 28, 2017
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Morey Clos de la Bussiére 2013 September 10, 2016
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Chambolle Les Cras 2014 June 5, 2016
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Bonnes Mares 2014 May 30, 2016
- The case of the 2005 red Burgundies – Orderrrrrrrrr!The 2005 Burgundy vintage received much acclaim when it was released onto the market. Then a debate followed regarding the character of the vintage, and some criticism arose – not always in the most civilized fashion. But what is the current state of the 2005s, now almost 15 years down the road? I have recently tasted a ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Chambolle-Musigny Les AmoureusesThe Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is one of the most prominent wines from this refined and sensual vineyard. I have therefore taken a closer look at the Vogüé Les Amoureuses … as most by now know that Les Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is one of the delights of Burgundy … filigree, cool ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Georges Roumier, Bonnes MaresThe Georges Roumier Bonnes Mares is perhaps the most famous and acclaimed wine from this large Grand Cru. In a sense the Roumier is the Bonnes Mares benchmark wine – a wine that sort of defines the terroir in more than one sense, and also the variation in the expression of the terroir. While other great wines ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Georges-Roumier, Charmes-Chambertin “Aux Mazoyères”Domaine Georges Roumier, Charmes-Chambertin … nothing is ever simple in Burgundy – and writing about this wine does involve a bit of good Bourgundian name complexity. This wine is sold under two labels – Christophe Roumier, Charmes-Chambertin “Aux Mazoyères” and Jean-Pierre Mathieu Charmes-Chambertin “Aux Mazoyères”. The plot is owned by Jean-Pierre Mathieu, and Christophe Roumier of Domaine ...
- Vineyard Insight: Chambolle-Musigny Les AmoureusesChambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is the delight of Burgundy … filigree, sensual, cool and refined. The female pendant to Musigny with the same type of regal minerality – yet more delicate and lightfooted – without the sheer power and depth of the mighty Musigny. By heart it’s a 1er cru – and while many argue that it ...