The 2012s from Cathiard are gorgeous … and the Malconsort 2012 is a magnificent effort from this fine domaine. The nose is crammed with red and darkberry fruit – notes of dark cherries, plum and red forrest berries – spiced with violets and peony rose. On the palate rich and silky fruit … very fine midpalate weight but still delightfully effortless and airy. The focusing minerality is intense and vibrant …. offering a perfect framwork for the decadently silky fruit. The finish is very long and coated with silky fruit – a quite powerful wine – but nevertheless very refined and filigree. A masterpiece by Cathiard.
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee Aux Malconsorts 2012 January 7, 2019
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne Aux Malconsorts 2011 July 7, 2018
- Domaine Cathiard, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee Aux Malconsorts 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee les Suchots 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee En Orveaux 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Murgers 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Thorey 2014 March 7, 2016
- Domaine Cathiard, Chambolle-Musigny Clos de l’Orme 2014 March 7, 2016
- Visit to Domaine Cathiard – Tasting the 2021sSebastien Cathiard is really expanding his family domaine with vineyards in the Hautes Cotes de Nuits. His production has increased dramatically, and as a consequence, Sebastien has expanded the estate buildings accordingly. It’s a huge expansion both under and above ground that gives him room to vinify and store the new wines. One could say that ...
- Vins d’Emotion from Vosne-Romanée and Flagey-EchezeauxTo simplify your search for emotional wines, I have decided to compile a list of the top emotional producers in each appellation. Comments and thoughts The list contains producers that regularly score an emotional rating, and they are ranked in three levels. I hope this proves useful; here we go! Note that any wines marked with brackets ...
- Visit to Domaine Cathiard – tasting the 2018s from caskI’m back at Domaine Cathiard after missing the 2017s last winter. And YES, it is good to be back. Cathiard has certainly taken its place in the Vosne hierarchy as a regular, dependable producer of hedonistic and very enjoyable wines. These are great wines. So let’s get thrilled … Photo: Sebastien Cathiard, November 2019 Impression and notes from tasting ...
- What are we drinking? Cathiard Malconsorts x 3A few weeks back, I was at a tremendous tasting where three bottles of Cathiard Malconsorts were opened as an extra treat at the end of the event. The trio of 2014, 2015 and 2016 is a display of Vosne supremacy. Not many wines outside the appellation are a match for a Cathiard firing on all ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Cathiard, Romanée Saint-VivantThe Romanee Saint-Vivant from Domaine Cathiard is a very pristine bottle – rare, expensive and first and foremost a tremendous glass of pinot. It is rare to see wines match the price of DRC – but on occasion the Cathiard Romanée Saint-Vivant is seen to match the RSV from Domaine de la Romanée-Conti – and while ...