Maison Harbour is one of the new and small negociants in Savigny-Les-Beaune – for those not familiar – a small village located outside of Beaune.
I have followed Maison Harbour more or less since the beginning so have quite a detailed knowledge of the estate and the wines they are making.
This is a really nice place to visit – and always interesting to see how these fine people are doing with their somewhat brave endeavour …. it’s not always easy to run a small negociant business these days.
A bit about Maison Harbour
Maison Harbour is a relatively new negociant house – established by Colleen and Nicholas Harbour – a couple that worked in the finance sector in Luxembourg prior to founding the Harbour estate. Colleen originate from Canada and Nicholas from US and they met in Luxembourg where they lived before moving to Burgundy in 2012.
So why Burgundy … aside from the love to wine and the area – the link to Burgundy and Savigny-Les-Beaune is that Nicholas spend many of his holidays in a family house in … you guessed it – Savigny-Les-Beaune.
So it is more than one summer fling – its a true love to the area and the wines … that brought Colleen and Nicholas to Savigny and to start this en endeavour.
Back to the 2017s …
The 2017 wines of Maison Habour
Maison Harbour made 9 wines in the 2017 vintage – three whites and six reds .. all made from grapes sourced from vignerons throughout the region.
I tasted six of these at the tasting in February ….
The style of the 2017s are quite comparable with the previous years .. Nicholas explain that he made no significant changes in the style and vinification compared to 2016.
The whites 2017s offer the same very crystalline purity – and thats good – they are airy and very well defined, with a lovely energy and minerality. The do a fine job with the whites at Harbour.
The red 2017s are somewhat lighter and more forward fruity that the style wise somewhat serious 2016s – rather charming I would say, although the whites are perhaps having the edge here – or should I say also here.
Maison Harbour – the tasting notes
The wines were tasted on February 14th 2019 – all showed well.
You need to login to read the recommendations. If you are not a subscriber, use the subscribe function and sign-up.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Visit Maison Harbour, Tasting of the 2017s from cask Maison Harbour is one of the new and small negociants in Savigny-Les-Beaune – for those not familiar – a small village located outside of Beaune. I have followed Maison Harbour more or less since the beginning so have quite a detailed knowledge of the estate and the wines they are making. This is a really nice ...
- Burgundy .. 2017 and a look at 2018 The 2017s are now getting bottled in many estates, and its time to give a status, before the 2018s are ready to taste and evaluate. I have tasted quite a few 2017s over the past year – and some more in the last week – 11th to 15th of February. This has really confirmed the quality ...
- Maison Harbour – tasting of the whites Maison Harbour is a micro estate from Savigny les Beaune – but was visiting Copenhagen for the first time here in July. Visitor in July was Nicholas Harbour who was showing great form during his short stay here in Denmark. I have visited Maison Harbour two times within the last two years, and I yet felt ...
- Visit Maison Harbour, Tasting of the 2016s from cask My second visit at Maison Harbour after the tasting the 2015s in January 2017 – and now it’s already time to taste the 2016s at this minuscule estate in Savigny-Les-Beaune. Good to be back to see how these fine people are doing with their somewhat crazy endeavour …. and somehow relieved that they have been able ...
- Visit Maison Harbour, Tasting of the 2015s The fragrance of delicacy …. sometimes you never know what a producer visit in Burgundy will bring … and this was the case with Maison Harbour in Savigny-Les-Beaune. To be honest I always fear these visits – as I hate being put in a situation where I will have to write a negative review of some ...