The 2002 Meursault Clos des Ambres is slightly introvert and reserved. It’s made from the village terroir En l’Ormeau – old vines with a average age of more than 50 years. The nose is offering notes of apple, gunpowder … slightly backward and austere. On the palate very focused with a quite powerful acidity for the vintage – it’s tight and slightly lean. Is not really in decline … but think it had more charm and nerve three years ago.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Arnaud Ente, Meursault Clos des Ambres 2003 November 4, 2013
- Arnaud Ente, Meursault Clos des Ambres 2002 October 30, 2013
- Arnaud Ente, Meursault Clos des Ambres 2007 July 29, 2013
- Arnaud Ente, Meursault La Seve du Clos 2004 March 4, 2012
- Arnaud Ente Meursault 2001 June 27, 2011
- Visit Domaine Arnaud Ente – tasting of the 2016s from cask In early November 2017 I had the oportunity to visit Domaine Arnaud Ente – one of the top producers of Meursault. I have followed the wines of Arnaud Ente over the last 15 years after a Sommelier at the restaurant Le Jardin de Remparts recommended his wines back in the days. This is a low key producer ...
- More tastings of the 2016s – exiting and delightful A very busy week with plenty of tastings – covering a large part of Burgundy. From Morey to Santenay in just the last days – meeting a lot of nice people making wines with love and talent. I’m always surprised how many new and fine estates one can find just scratching the surface. Domaine du Comte ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...