This is unusual .. highly unusual .. extremely .. a wine from the Rhone area on Winehog. What can I say – grumpier old men – although lets be honest – this wine is quite a treat, as I do actually like (some few) wines from the area mentioned.
The Château Grillet is one of them – I have tasted this wine before – but we are talking about 20 years ago or so – so not in recent memory. The 2008 is however still quite young – medium intensity – citrus infused and floral notes – even a small reference of Chablis. On the palate medium body with citrus infused fruit and minerality, ripe apples, some toasted oak and matured notes of hazel nuts and honey. Rather complex and actually very enjoyable ..
(Drink from 2025) – Fine – (91p) – Tasted 23/05/2019
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine d’Eugenie Grands Echezeaux 2014 November 21, 2019
- Domaine d’Eugenie, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Perclos 2015 June 29, 2019
- Domaine d’Eugenie, Vosne-Romanee 2013 June 4, 2016
- Domaine d’Eugenie, Vosne Romanee 2010 November 21, 2012
- Domaine d’Eugenie, Vosne Romanee 2008 April 10, 2012
- Visit Domaine d`Eugenie – tasting the 2017sDomaine d’Eugenie is a iconic producer in more than one sense. Firstly, Domaine d’Eugenie is made up in part of the iconic vineyards from the old Rene Engel estate in Vosne-Romanée. Secondly, Domaine d’Eugenie is the creation of Francois Pinault, the billionaire who since 2005 has build a new estate based on the former Engel ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine d’Eugenie Grands EchezeauxGrands Echzeaux is one of the most prominent grand crus just below the top tire – meaning Romanee-Conti, La Romanée, La Tâche, Richebourg, Romanée Saint-Vivant, Richebourg and Musigny. Grands Echezeaux is a brilliant terroir, and is perhaps even a bit overlooked, although new producer names on this vineyard have increased the focus on Grands Echezeaux. Domaine d’Eugenie ...
- Vosne-Romanee Clos d’Eugenie the unknown La Tache neighbourOne of the new vineyard names in Burgundy is Vosne-Romanee Clos d’Eugenie – a small village monopole clos located just below La Tache and squeezed in between La Tache and Le Clos Goillotte. The vineyard has an interesting history … and was for many years known as Clos Frantin. We have to go back to the ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...