Domaine d’Eugenie is one of the rising stars in Burgundy … or if you like a new regime at the old wellknown domaine – Rene Engel. The Vosne Romanee 2008 is very open with sweet red and dark fruit in the bouquet … dark cherries and some notes of raspberry and gooseberries. The nose is quite refined with some nice Vosne spices. On the palate good, quite firm fruit, with a nice acidity structure from the 08 vintage. Well balanced but slightly closed on the palate – with the oak quite present in the finish. The style is gradually improving but is still slightly impersonal in my view. Perhaps not the most complex of village wine – but still a very good effort.
(Drink From 2020) Very Good – 89p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine d’Eugenie Grands Echezeaux 2014 November 21, 2019
- Domaine d’Eugenie, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Perclos 2015 June 29, 2019
- Domaine d’Eugenie, Vosne-Romanee 2013 June 4, 2016
- Domaine d’Eugenie, Vosne Romanee 2010 November 21, 2012
- Domaine d’Eugenie, Vosne Romanee 2008 April 10, 2012
- Maisons et Domaines Henriot Merges with Artemis DomainesBig news in the wine (and Burgundy) world, as Maisons et Domaines Henriot has merged with Artemis Domaines, the wine -business part of François Pinault’s empire. In a fusion of French wine notability, Pinault’s Artemis – owner of wineries such as Bordeaux’s Château Latour, and Clos de Tart and Domaine d’Eugenie in Burgundy – is buying ...
- The Clos Vougeot Tasting 2022During the Grand Jours de Bourgogne there is usually a Clos Vougeot tasting for the press; and so it was this year. It’s a good initiative, although some of the wines perhaps lacked the standard that one expects from a modern-day Clos Vougeot. The prices of grand cru Burgundy today somehow raise the consumer’s expectations ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine d’Eugenie Clos de VougeotThe Clos de Vougeot (the vineyard) and Clos Vougeot (the wine) is one of the most prominent grand crus, despite ranking below the very top of the tree. Few would compare it with Romanee-Conti, La Romanée, La Tâche, Richebourg, Romanée Saint-Vivant, Richebourg, Musigny Clos Saint-Denis, Chambertin, or Chambertin Clos de Beze. The Clos de Vougeot is, ...
- Domaine d’Eugenie 2019s tasted in bottleThe Domaine d’Eugenie wines have improved tremendously over the years – especially during the last five – reaching new levels of refinement and delicacy. Michel Mallard Giving the wines the proper time and respect, some truly lovely and joyful moments can be had with the d’Eugenie wines. Vins d’emotion? Yes, we are getting there! The premise of tasting ...
- Visit Domaine d`Eugenie – tasting the 2017sDomaine d’Eugenie is a iconic producer in more than one sense. Firstly, Domaine d’Eugenie is made up in part of the iconic vineyards from the old Rene Engel estate in Vosne-Romanée. Secondly, Domaine d’Eugenie is the creation of Francois Pinault, the billionaire who since 2005 has build a new estate based on the former Engel ...
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.