The Meursault Genevrieres 1990 should be the hit of this recent old-white-Burgundy tasting game. And it is – sort of, with its intense and powerful presence. I have not tasted a Lafon 1990 for a number of years, and while it’s still vivid, lively, and fresh, it is perhaps lacking a bit of emotional content. It keeps up appearances rather than seduces. Its selling point is intensity rather than finesse – a reflection I never had previously regarding white 1990s. It is style-wise between the cool 1988 and the warm 1989, and in the end better than both. But seductive? Perhaps not…
(Drink Now) – Very Fine – (94p) – Tasted 11/06/2020 –
The wine was enjoyed at a tasting held by Rufus Vin Aps in Copenhagen.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1990 July 4, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1988 July 1, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Charmes 2001 June 27, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1989 June 26, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Goutte d’Or 1988 June 26, 2020
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Genevrieres 2007 January 18, 2019
- Domaine Comte Lafon, Meursault Perrieres 2004 July 21, 2017
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Clos de la Barre 2014 May 12, 2017
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Goutte D’Or 2004 October 15, 2016
- Domaine Comte Lafon, Meursault Perrieres 2004 October 15, 2016
- Domaine Comte Lafon, Meursault 2011 July 8, 2016
- Domaine Comte Lafon, Meursault Charmes 2002 March 19, 2016
- Domaine Comte Lafon, Meursault Charmes 1995 February 20, 2016
- Domaine Comte Lafon, Meursault Perrieres 2001 February 4, 2016
- Domaine Comte Lafon, Montrachet 2002 January 31, 2016
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Genevrieres 2012 December 13, 2015
- Comte Lafon, Montrachet 2009 April 11, 2015
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Clos de la Barre 2004 February 22, 2015
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Les Perrieres 2006 November 23, 2014
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Clos de la Barre 2004 October 16, 2014
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Perrieres 2004 September 23, 2014
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Clos de la Barre 2007 August 7, 2014
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Clos de La Barre 2005 August 1, 2014
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Perrieres 2002 January 11, 2014
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Goutte D’Or 2002 December 26, 2013
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Clos de la Barre 2002 December 9, 2013
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Clos de la barre 2000 October 1, 2013
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Clos de la Barre 2002 July 22, 2013
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Clos de la Barre 2008 July 11, 2013
- Comte Lafon, Meursault Goutte D’Or 2002 June 24, 2013
- Tasting of Comte Lafon reds – 1999 vs 2009An interesting tasting: A Lafon vintage battle, with red 1999 vs red 2009 at R-vinbar in Copenhagen. While Dominique Lafon is known more for his excellent white Burgundies, experience shows me that some lovely wines can be found exploring his reds – especially his Volnays, although the Monthelie often delivers a delightful surprise. With us to comment on the ...
- Le Montrachet Six – A Historic WineLast week it became clear that the April frost damage made it almost impossible to produce Montrachet for several owners on the Chassagne side of Montrachet – Le Montrachet. The April frost had reduced the yields by more than 90%, and therefore reduced size of the individual cuvées considerably. In some cases the size of harvest ...
- One Montrachet from six DomainesDue to the low yields caused by frost damage in April there will be no 2016 Montrachet from six owners of Montrachet. They will instead make one cuvée together – two casks equivalent to 600 bottles. It’s the estates Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Comte Lafon, Domaine Leflaive, Guy Amiot, Lamy Pillot an Domaine Fleurot – who ...
- Odds and ends around Christmas and New YearI tasted quite a few interesting wines at social gatherings while celebrating Christmas and New Year. Lafon galore .. the good, the ugly Starting out with the whites I tasted three wines from Comte Lafon two 2004s – Les Perrieres and Les Charmes, and one sadly premoxed example of the 2001 Meursault Perrieres. The 2004 Meursault Charmes was ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine des Comtes Lafon, Le MontrachetDomaine des Comtes Lafon Le Montrachet is one of Burgundys iconic wines, and one of the most prominent wines from the mighty Montrachet vineyard. It’s a big Montrachet … but where is the plot located, and what is the history of the plots and this celebrated wine. Montrachet or Le Montrachet The Montrachet vineyard is devided between Chassagne-Montrachet ...