The 2004 Chambolle 1er cru is showing very well for the vintage. In the nose relatively dark fruit with notes of sous-bois. On the palate quite weighty ripe fruit .. a bit sturdy and rustic .. still with some slightly edgy tannins. It’s a bit floral with a slight herbal note .. but not green like quite many 04s. A surprisingly lovely 04 … offer a lot of good drinking especially with food.
(Drink from Now) – Very Good – (89p) – Tasted 01/04/2014
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – Tasting the 2021s October 24, 2022
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – Tasting the 2021s from Cask July 12, 2022
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – tasting the 2020s from cask November 6, 2021
- Domaine Comte de Vogüé Chambolle-Musigny 1er cru 2005 April 17, 2020
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Bourgogne Blanc 2010 February 7, 2020
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Musigny 2004 February 8, 2019
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Musigny 2001 January 7, 2019
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – 2017s from cask November 22, 2018
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Chambolle Musigny Les Amoureuses 2007 October 19, 2018
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Bonnes Mares 1970 October 9, 2018
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – Tasting the 2021sIt’s Wednesday afternoon, and my tastings are progressing smoothly in Burgundy, with their number well adapted to my pace and thoroughness. I often wonder how some tasters can manage four, five or even six tastings a day; I’ve even heard about seven or eight daily visits. This is beyond my understanding, and certainly beyond my ...
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – Tasting the 2021s from CaskBurgundy and tradition are strongly linked, but as in all other aspects of life, change eventually takes the stage. At Domaine Comte Georges Vogüé, new winemaker Jean Lupatelli has made his first strides with the cool and exciting 2021 vintage. He took over from François Millet, who retired last year after more than three decades of ...
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – tasting the 2020s from caskTraditions and Burgundy are strongly linked, but as in all other parts of life, change eventually takes the stage. At Domaine Comte Georges Vogüé, winemaker François Millet retired this past spring after more than three decades making the wines there. His first full vintage was 1986, but he also did the elevage of the 1985s. His ...
- New winemaker at Domaine Comte Georges de VogüéThe co-owners of Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Claire and Marie de Ladoucette, have announced the departure of winemaker François Millet and the arrival of his successor, Jean Lupatelli, who will replace Millet as winemaker beginning with the 2021 vintage. Jean Lupatelli comes to the iconic estate from Domaine Decelle-Villa in Nuits-St-Georges. The new winemaker will welcome ...
- De Vogüé: the surprise of 2018I have tasted the de Vogüé wines many times over the past 30 years. from bottle, from cask, before malo, and when finished. It has always been an intriguing treat, and so it was with the 2018s presented by the venerable Jean-Luc Pepin in Copenhagen on September 25 at the stunningly beautiful Admiralsgade 26 restaurant. Been there ...