The 2009 edition of the Chambolle Musigny 1er cru has entered a closed stage. The nose is currently offering warm fruit – notes of dried fruits, plum, cassis, liquorice and spiced with cinnamon, all spice and different Christmas scents. On the palate quite dense and intense fruit .. fine weight but not much minerality and transparency currently. It showed much better just after the release … but now it really needs 10 years or more to display its terroir and pinot character. Should have been decanted like the 2005 and 1999.
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – Tasting the 2021s from Cask July 12, 2022
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – tasting the 2020s from cask November 6, 2021
- Domaine Comte de Vogüé Chambolle-Musigny 1er cru 2005 April 17, 2020
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Bourgogne Blanc 2010 February 7, 2020
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Musigny 2004 February 8, 2019
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Musigny 2001 January 7, 2019
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – 2017s from cask November 22, 2018
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Chambolle Musigny Les Amoureuses 2007 October 19, 2018
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Bonnes Mares 1970 October 9, 2018
- A happy return to the 2009s from Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé October 7, 2018
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – Tasting the 2021s from CaskBurgundy and tradition are strongly linked, but as in all other aspects of life, change eventually takes the stage. At Domaine Comte Georges Vogüé, new winemaker Jean Lupatelli has made his first strides with the cool and exciting 2021 vintage. He took over from François Millet, who retired last year after more than three decades of ...
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – tasting the 2020s from caskTraditions and Burgundy are strongly linked, but as in all other parts of life, change eventually takes the stage. At Domaine Comte Georges Vogüé, winemaker François Millet retired this past spring after more than three decades making the wines there. His first full vintage was 1986, but he also did the elevage of the 1985s. His ...
- New winemaker at Domaine Comte Georges de VogüéThe co-owners of Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Claire and Marie de Ladoucette, have announced the departure of winemaker François Millet and the arrival of his successor, Jean Lupatelli, who will replace Millet as winemaker beginning with the 2021 vintage. Jean Lupatelli comes to the iconic estate from Domaine Decelle-Villa in Nuits-St-Georges. The new winemaker will welcome ...
- De Vogüé: the surprise of 2018I have tasted the de Vogüé wines many times over the past 30 years. from bottle, from cask, before malo, and when finished. It has always been an intriguing treat, and so it was with the 2018s presented by the venerable Jean-Luc Pepin in Copenhagen on September 25 at the stunningly beautiful Admiralsgade 26 restaurant. Been there ...
- Comte Georges de Vogüé 2017s – bottled and delightfulVogüé time! As mentioned before, in Denmark we have a fine tradition of Jean-Luc Pepin visiting each year in September or October to present the newly released de Vogüé lineup in Copenhagen. Jean-Luc Pepin and two faithful Vogüé fans Add to this some nice dinners, and we have what we call de Vogüé week; a lovely time ...