The Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Chaignot – a 1er cru located between Damodes and Aux Thorey and above Aux Murgers and Vignerondes – in the area between Vosne-Romanee and Nuits-Saint-Georges. The nose here is more expressive with a lovely collection of red and dark berry fruit spiced with a nice minerality. On the palate vibrant with a beautilful rich and sweet mid-palate fruit – so typical for the vintage. It’s intense and elegant – a lovely NSG 1er in the making.
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Ruchottes-Chambertin 2015 July 17, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Clos de Vougeot 2015 July 16, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2015 July 15, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Chambolle-Musigny Les Feusselottes 2015 July 14, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Chaignot 2015 July 13, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Vosne-Romanee 2015 July 13, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 26, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2011 June 1, 2014
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2012 May 25, 2014
- Mugneret-Gibourg, Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru 2011 March 26, 2014
- Terroir Insight: Mugneret-Gibourg Clos de Vougeot Clos de Vougeot has a magic ring to it, although some wines from this large vineyard could be described as rather indifferent; others even poor. One wine which always shines, however, is the Mugneret-Gibourg example that has graced our palates for over 60 years. Marie-Andrée Marie-Christine et Lucie The domaine’s current plot was acquired by Georges Mugneret in 1953, ...
- Visit to Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, tasting the 2018s Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg is always a treat, even in the relatively hot 2018 vintage. We were received by Marie-Christine Mugneret and got a short introduction to the vintage. The wines here are always in balance with the vintage, and express the nature and character of the year. The 2018s here are rich, almost silkily-textured wines with weight and ...
- Visit at Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, tasting of the 2017s from cask The 2017 vintage is a lovely vintage giving good yields and fine quality – and it was therefore a great pleasure to visit Mugneret-Gibourg to taste this new vintage.. Mugneret-Gibourg was one of the estates that really suffered during the frost in 2016 harvest – and while it’s equally sad for all estates that lost ...
- Visit at Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, tasting of the 2016s from cask The 2016 vintage is a paradox … some were almost untouched by the April frost whereas others lost a large part of the harvest – with vineyards and plots just meters away. Mugneret-Gibourg was one of the estates that really suffered during the April harvest – and while it’s equally sad for all estates that ...
- Twilight Zone – Nuits-Saint-Georges Au Bas de Combe There are a lot of interesting terroirs in the Vosne-Romanee appellation itself and in the twilight zone between Nuits-Saint-Georges and Vosne-Romanee. This area is somewhat overlooked, but as the new generations of vignerons take on these terroirs, there are very fine wines to find from these vineyards. In the first article I covered Aux Réas and in ...