In 2015 quality is taken a notch further up … and the Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2015 is a quite fantastic wine given the terroir. The nose is bursting with ripe forest berries – expressive and floral .. very detailed and organic with a fine expression of minerality. On the palate rich and generous with juicy red fruit – very pure, vibrant and long – offering all the best sides of the 2015 vintage. A magnificent Nuits-Saint-Georges village in the making – so detailed and delightful – hard to think of better village wines from this appellation.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Aligote La Corvees de Bully 2017 February 19, 2019
- Domaine Nicolas Faure, Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2016 November 23, 2018
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Aligote La Corvees de Bully 2014 June 21, 2017
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2015 June 21, 2017
- Domaine Nicolas Faure, Bourgogne Aux Argillieres 2014 October 11, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2014 October 11, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Aloxe-Corton 2015 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Aux Argillieres 2015 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Coteaux Bourguignons Mes Gamay 2015 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2015 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2014 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2012 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Aligote La Corvees de Bully 2014 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Aligote La Corvees de Bully 2015 July 30, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure, Bourgogne Aux Argillieres 2014 June 23, 2016
- Visit to Domaine Nicolas Faure – tasting the 2020s from caskWhen one writes about wine, the scribblings can easily become standard, run-of-the-mill gossip and notes. The re-use of content and text is systemized in this business as much as in others. But sometimes a little more reflection is needed. Let’s take the essential question first: Why do I really like the wines from Nicolas Faure?” The response ...
- Visit to Domaine Nicolas Faure – tasting the 2019s from caskIt’s good to be back in the Meuilley cellar of Nicolas Faure, in a lovely village with for me a tricky name to spell – Meuilley, Meuilley, Meuilley, Meuilley – in the valley above Nuits-Saint-Georges 😝 On this visit I was with Paul Wasserman and his team, harking back to the first tasting we had in ...
- Bourgogne Day 2 – Back in businessStarting in Nuits-Saint-Georges – Monday 8 am. It’s very early not; even time to get a cup of coffee at Place de la Liberation (the lockdown does give this name a new meaning). First out: Moron-Garcia Starting out with 2019s from Moron-Garcia, which are still fresh, vivid blessings. These are indeed delightful wines. The Corton is ...
- Aligote – Pernand-Vergelesses and behind the hillOne of the most impressive white Burgundies I have tasted comes from a very old yet relatively unknown terroir on the backside of the mighty Corton hill. It is of course the splendid Aligote from Nicolas Faure, which comes from ungrafted 100-year-old vines. I tasted the 2014 Aligote the first time I visited Nicolas Faure, and while ...
- Terroir Insight: Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les HerbuesThe Nuits-Saint-Georges village vineyard Les Herbues is attaining a special status, with extra appeal to the true vineyard geeks – in the most positive way. Independent and individualist producers are exploring this terroir and making exciting wines – and in some cases even vins d’emotion. These are vignerons who spare no effort to make tremendous wine. ...