The Corton-Charlemagne from Domaine Poisot is a quite forward and charming Charlie . the bouquet is quite open with white orchard fruits, acacia and a lovely chalky mineralic base. On the palate pure yellow fruit with a very fine density and a long quite rich finish. The fruit is deep and quite dense – old vines, average age is 50 years. It’s quite accessible for a Corton-Charlemagne, and with a lovely expression of the terroir and the vintage. This is not a big and tough Charlie, but a charming quite approcable wine – lovely by my standards.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2012 January 18, 2015
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2007 February 25, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2008 February 23, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2006 February 22, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2007 February 21, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2008 February 1, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Pernand-Vergelesses en Caradeux 1er cru 2012 September 10, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2011 August 11, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2012 August 9, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton-Charlemagne 2011 August 8, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton-Charlemagne 2012 August 6, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2011 August 3, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2012 August 3, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Charlemagne 2010 March 5, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2009 February 27, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2009 February 20, 2013
- Terroir Insight: The Poisot section of Romanée Saint-Vivant Burgundy is all about terroirs and vineyard holdings, and many talented wine makers are limited by the vineyards they own and financial opportunities to rent or buy great vineyards. It is therefore lovely to see when new generations take over a plot of one of the great vineyards – in this case the perhaps best located ...
- Corton, Corton, red Corton .. exploring the hill This week I attended a tasting of red Corton; a rare thing, in Denmark at least. The tasting included 10 Cortons from five producers, all top-flight amongst the panoply of Corton producers. The purpose was to learn: learn about different parts of the Corton vineyards, learn about the different producers … or in short, LEARN. It was ...
- Tasting of some 2015s .. how are they doing? The Danish Burgundy importer Vinrosen offer a large range of fine Burgundy wines – and their annual vintage tasting is therefore a great opportunity to visit a vintage – or should I say re-visit ,, and taste the wines from bottle. Impressions red 2015s The reds 2015s are showing their best and most balanced side. They are ...
- Visit Domaine Poisot – tasting of 2013 and 2014 vintage Domaine Poisot is a quite “new” domaine run by the former navy captain Remi Poisot, who is now making wine from a fine portfolio of family vineyards. This was my second vist here, in the dark and very cold cellars under the beautiful Chateau Corton Grancy. Remi began making wines before the harvest in 2009, ...
- Burgundy Day Four … from Leroux to Poisot via Rheingau! The fourth day on my trip to Burgundy included three tastings .. Benjamin Leroux, Chantereves and Domaine Poisot. Here are some initial impressions .. tasting notes will follow. Benjamin Leroux – a fine selection of 2013s Benjamin Leroux is one of the most talented winemakers in Burgundy, and while this was my first visit at Maison Benjamin ...