The Côtes de Nuits Village from Morgan Truchetet in Comblanchien is quite a delightful wine. The fruit is full and juicy, with a slight hint of vivid lingonberries and a brush of cinnamon. It is lively and fresh for the vintage – only moderately hot-fruited, and no signs of the weather trouble in southern Nuits-Saint-Georges. Overall, rich and generous with a fresh and vivacious berry note. Serve slightly on the cool side, like many 2018s.
(Drink from 2022) – Good+ (87p) – Tasted 26/04/2020
In Denmark the wines of Domaine Truchetet are imported by Rufus Vin Aps.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Truchetet Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Topons 2018 May 7, 2020
- Domaine Truchetet Côtes de Nuits Village 2018 April 28, 2020
- Domaine Truchetet – a sample surpriseThe Covid lockdown is creating quite a bit of stress on the calendar, and on my ability to expand the Winehog site as planned. One could fall into despair or, alternatively, try to manage. Given the situation, I feel we have done OK, although I would vastly prefer being in Burgundy tasting as we speak – ...
- Domaine Truchetet – a Premeaux-Prissey surprisePremeaux is one of my favourite areas, although it is officially part of the larger Nuits-Saint-Georges landscape. I do understand the marketing sense of using the Nuits-Saint-Georges brand, but on the other hand, I find some unique qualities in the Premeaux area, so I always seek out Premeaux wines and estates. A new estate (to me ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...