The Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Topons from Morgan Truchetet is quite a step up from his Cotes de Nuits Village, coming from a village terroir on the border of Premeaux and Nuits. As with other 2018s it needs some time in the glass to unfold. Somewhat tight immediately at the get-go, it expands nicely with some air. It hkas wonderful balance and vivacious fruit; I like the energy of the Truchetet wines. This is a negociant wine made from purchased grapes.
(Drink from 2027) – Very Good (88p) – Tasted 26/04/2020
In Denmark the wines of Domaine Truchetet are imported by Rufus Vin Aps.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Truchetet Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Topons 2018 May 7, 2020
- Domaine Truchetet Côtes de Nuits Village 2018 April 28, 2020
- Domaine Truchetet – a sample surpriseThe Covid lockdown is creating quite a bit of stress on the calendar, and on my ability to expand the Winehog site as planned. One could fall into despair or, alternatively, try to manage. Given the situation, I feel we have done OK, although I would vastly prefer being in Burgundy tasting as we speak – ...
- Domaine Truchetet – a Premeaux-Prissey surprisePremeaux is one of my favourite areas, although it is officially part of the larger Nuits-Saint-Georges landscape. I do understand the marketing sense of using the Nuits-Saint-Georges brand, but on the other hand, I find some unique qualities in the Premeaux area, so I always seek out Premeaux wines and estates. A new estate (to me ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...