The 2017 Corton-Charlemagne from Henri Boillot is a delightful wine, offering both true class and hedonistic pleasures. The nose is open and expressive – very charming with lovely orchard fruits, notes of peach and pear, and infused with citrus fruits. It has an intense minerality and is airy and lively with delicate and vivid fruit. I love the balance and the rewardingly rich yet refined fruit on the mid-palate. A treat … and a vin d’émotion!
(Drink From 2030) – Outstanding (95p) – Tasted 02/12/2019
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Henri Boillot Corton-Charlemagne 2017 December 5, 2019
- Henri Boillot, Corton-Charlemagne 2011 November 27, 2013
- Henri Boillot, Meursault Genevrieres 2011 August 16, 2013
- Henri Boillot, Pommard Les Rugiens 1962 October 16, 2012
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...