The 2011 Corton Charlie from Boillot is both gorgeous and impressive. The nose is open and expressive with lovely orchard fruits – notes of apple, pear, citrus – spiced with gun powder, a intense minerality and quite ample oak. On the palate very fine concentration and weight … it’s focused, pure and refined. Love the balance and the rewardingly rich fruit – it’s big and quite powerful but still delicate and focused with a long mineral infused finish. This seems to be a very fine vintage for Charlies … and Boillot certainly nailed this one – a beautiful wine.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Henri Boillot Corton-Charlemagne 2017 December 5, 2019
- Henri Boillot, Corton-Charlemagne 2011 November 27, 2013
- Henri Boillot, Meursault Genevrieres 2011 August 16, 2013
- Henri Boillot, Pommard Les Rugiens 1962 October 16, 2012
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...