Henri Jayer wines are rare and expensive, but the latest auction in Hongkong revealed a huge demand for the wines, and some very high prices.
At the auction on 10th of February 2012 – Christies sold 744 Bottles from the private cellar of Henri Jayer – including 100 magnums and 644 normal bottles. The total price for the 98 lots were 66,029,700 HKD, equivalent to 8,512,666 USD.
Richebourg 1985 and 1978 … rather expensive
The most expensive bottle was Henri Jayer Richebourg 1985 MG, at a price of 109,197 USD, a quite nice wine as far as I recall – see tasting note.
The most expensive 0,75l bottle was the Richebourg 1978 at 67,598 USD, while the most expensive 1er cru was Cros Parantoux 1985 at 22,099 USD pr. bottle. Even the village wines are now selling at Grand Cru prices – the Vosne Romanee 1993 and 1976 was sold for 6,240 USD pr. bottle.
For more info about the auction – check Christies website
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Henri Jayer, Richebourg 1985 August 12, 2011
- Henri Jayer, Vosne Romanee Cros Parantoux 1988 August 10, 2011
- Henri Jayer, Vosne Romanee Cros Parantoux 1989 August 9, 2011
- Henri Jayer, Vosne Romanee 1995 August 4, 2011
- The Henri Jayer Insight – Cros Parantoux the area and productionThe legendary 1er cru Vosne-Romanée Cros Parantoux was introduced by Henri Jayer in 1978 – before this the wine from this now famous vineyard was included in the Vosne-Romanée village of Domaine Henri Jayer. In connection with the Baghera/Wine auction of wines from the Henri Jayer domaine cellar held on June 17th 2018 new informations and ...
- Henri Jayer Insight – The production in the 1978 vintageOn June 17th 2018 an amazing 855 bottles and 209 magnums of Henri Jayer Burgundies were on auction in Geneva. The auction is held by Baghera/Wine and the wines comes directly from the cellar of the former Henri Jayer estate in Vosne-Romanée – as the sellers are the daughters of the legendary Henri Jayer. The ...
- Last chance to get a genuine bottle of Henri Jayer?855 bottles of Henri Jayer + 209 magnums of Henri Jayer – too good to be true – actually not. The daughters of Henri Jayer – Lydie and Dominique Jayer – have put the remaining wine collection of the former Henri Jayer estate on auction in Geneva. The auction is held by Baghera/Wines who have worked intensely ...
- Terroir Insight: Henri Jayer RichebourgOne of the most legendary wines in the world is the mighty Richebourg from Henri Jayer – extremely rare and very expensive … and sadly with a lot of fake bottles dominating the market these days. The Jayer Richebourg was made from the Richebourg holdings of the current Domaine Meo-Camuzet over a period of more than ...
- Cros Parantoux – the sweet spot of RichebourgVosne-Romanee Cros Parantoux is a mythical vineyard … with a reputation created by the legendary Henri Jayer. With a location just above and next to Richebourg this 1er cru is regarded as something very special. But the story of Cros Parantoux doesn’t start with Henri Jayer, the vineyard was known much earlier. So lets take a ...