Old Burgundies … can be a real treat. This was the case with the Gevrey-Chambertin Les Cazetiers 1969 from Maison Leroy. Starting out a bit mouldy .. but pure and crisp after 5 to 10 minutes in the glass. In the bouquet bright red berries – mulberries, raspberries and sous-bois and hint of truffle – lovely transparency and detail. On the palate lovely vivid fruit, fine detail and a lovely purity – tremendous energy for this age. Showing beautifully … although not a very intense and powerful wine. A wine of finesse and refinement – a rare treat.
(Drink Now) –Very Fine – (94p) Tasted 04/07/2018
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Maison Leroy, Gevrey-Chambertin Les Cazetiers 1969 July 18, 2018
- Maison Leroy, Leroy d’Auvernay Bourgogne 1971 June 28, 2013
- Maison Leroy, Meursault Charmes 1997 September 29, 2011
- Maison Leroy, Beaune Teurons 1976 June 18, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...