Leroy Meursault Charmes 1997 is an old school white Burgundy. The bouquet is initially somewhat closed, but showing more and more complexity with time in the glas. Starting out with butter notes, later waldnuts and mature chardonney aromas. It’s quite a dense wine with fine length – but lacking a little freshness and minerality – as one would expect from a 1997 Charmes. It’s fully mature and will not benefit from cellaring.
(Drink now) Fine – 91p
Tasted 28/09/2011 at Gustavs Bistro
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Maison Leroy, Gevrey-Chambertin Les Cazetiers 1969 July 18, 2018
- Maison Leroy, Leroy d’Auvernay Bourgogne 1971 June 28, 2013
- Maison Leroy, Meursault Charmes 1997 September 29, 2011
- Maison Leroy, Beaune Teurons 1976 June 18, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...