Time really flies … and it’s now exactly one year since I launched WineHog.org in Juliy 2011. During this year I realized that blogging about fine wine is quite a lot of hard work, but fortunately also very rewarding and a lot of fun.
Anyhow the numbers speak for themselves – 435 posts and more than 11000 visits to the site since I decided to go public with my tasting notes.
The best moments
The past year have given me a lot of fine wine moments, and it’s hard to rank these.
The visits to the very helpfull and fine produceres in Burgundy are however the very foundation for this blog. I have been lucky to visit some of the finest producers, and also participated in this years Grand Jours de Bourgogne.
- Visit to Philippe Pacalet – Tasting the 2022s from Cask
- Visit to Domaine de Cassiopée – Tasting the 2022s
- Visit to La Maison Romane – Tasting the 2022s
- Visit to Domaine Marc Roy – Tasting the 2022 Vintage
- Visit to Chateau de la Tour – Tasting the 2022s
- Visit to Domaine Jean-Marc Millot – Tasting the 2022s from Cask
- Visit to Domaine Nicolas Faure – Tasting the 2022s from Cask
- Visit to Château de Charodon – Tasting the Red 2021s
- Visit to Domaine Boigey Freres – Tasting the 2022s
- Visit to Domaine François Buffet – Tasting the 2022s
Thanks to Wine friends for all the support
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all wine friends for the support and help the first year. Special thanks to Louis-Michel Liger-Belair, Philippe Pacalet, Caroline Lestimé, Jean-Luc Pepin and Anne Gros for the fine tastings and hospitality during 2010 and 2011.
I also would like to thank the Facebook groups Burgundy Geeks, Vosne Romanee and Bourgogne/Burgundy for the support and discussions during the last 12 month – a lot of new wine friends – cheers to all of you – from all of me!