Time really flies … and it’s now exactly one year since I launched WineHog.org in Juliy 2011. During this year I realized that blogging about fine wine is quite a lot of hard work, but fortunately also very rewarding and a lot of fun.
Anyhow the numbers speak for themselves – 435 posts and more than 11000 visits to the site since I decided to go public with my tasting notes.
The best moments
The past year have given me a lot of fine wine moments, and it’s hard to rank these.
The visits to the very helpfull and fine produceres in Burgundy are however the very foundation for this blog. I have been lucky to visit some of the finest producers, and also participated in this years Grand Jours de Bourgogne.
- Visit to Domaine Robert Groffier – tasting the 2019s
- Tasting the 2019s at Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux
- Visit to Domaine Julien – tasting the 2019s from cask
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – the best of 2019
- Domaine Truchetet – a sample surprise
- On the hill – Tasting some of the Hoffmann-Jayer 2019s
- Visit to Domaine Robert Sirugue – tasting the 2018 vintage
- Visit to Domaine Trapet – tasting the 2018s from cask
- Visit to Domaine Jean-Marc Millot – tasting the 2019s from cask
- Baie-par-baie 2020 at Domaine Moron-Garcia
Thanks to Wine friends for all the support
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all wine friends for the support and help the first year. Special thanks to Louis-Michel Liger-Belair, Philippe Pacalet, Caroline Lestimé, Jean-Luc Pepin and Anne Gros for the fine tastings and hospitality during 2010 and 2011.
I also would like to thank the Facebook groups Burgundy Geeks, Vosne Romanee and Bourgogne/Burgundy for the support and discussions during the last 12 month – a lot of new wine friends – cheers to all of you – from all of me!