Domaine de Montille is one of my favourite producers on the Corton hill, even though its presence there dates back only to 2004.
Etienne de Montille today produces two wines from the Corton vineyard – a Corton-Charlemagne produced from the Corton Pougets climat, and a red Corton from the magnificent Clos du Roi.
The Domaine de Montille plots of Corton Clos du Roi
The Clos du Roi is the top red beauty of Corton – a vineyard with tremendous potential, yet which does not always fulfil the promise of its limestone bedrock. That said, with producers like Domaine de la Romanée-Conti and de Montille, Clos du Roi is definitely a label worth seeking out.
Etienne de Montille acquired his domaine’s Corton Clos du Roi in 2005 when he bought a part of the Thomas Moillard estate together with, amongst others, Domaine Dujac.
Want to see the rest…?
You need to login to read the rest of the article. If you are not a subscriber, use the subscribe function and sign-up.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- J.-F. Coche Dury Meursault 2007 January 14, 2019
- Domaine Coche-Dury, Meursault 1999 January 2, 2018
- Domaine Coche-Dury, Meursault 2014 April 6, 2017
- Domaine Coche-Dury, Meursault 2006 January 20, 2017
- Domaine Coche-Dury, Meursault Les Genevrieres 2012 March 28, 2016
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault Les Perrieres 2009 February 6, 2016
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault Les Chevalieres 1996 February 6, 2016
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault Les Rougeots 1992 February 6, 2016
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2011 April 1, 2015
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2011 November 26, 2014
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Corton-Charlemagne 1993 September 23, 2014
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2011 December 14, 2013
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault Les Rougeots 2004 March 25, 2013
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2008 November 1, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2000 July 7, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Auxey Duresses 2008 July 5, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2009 June 14, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2007 April 23, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 1999 February 5, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault Perrieres 2008 January 26, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault Perrieres 1996 January 24, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2008 January 14, 2012
- J.-F. Coche Dury, Meursault 2009 October 17, 2011
- J.-F. Coche Dury, Meursault 2004 October 16, 2011
- J.-F. Coche Dury Meursault 2008 June 1, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Coche-Dury Corton-CharlemagneDomaine Coche-Dury has a firm, warm, hedonistic place in my heart after 25 years with the wines from this legendary estate. They are unique, in the best sense of the word. Corton-Charlemagne is not even the home turf of Coche-Dury, yet if one can find it, a Charlie from the estate could well match – if ...
- What are we drinking? Commando G …Winehog reader: “… just a few names of your personal favourites for casual drinking. It does not always need to be so formal with your tasting notes, etc.” Belive it or not, I do enjoy wines casually, and mainly for hedonistic purposes – the pure pleasure of it. I try to assemble the notes from time ...
- The best village terroirs in Meursault – a historic viewSingle vineyard village wines are becoming more and more popular in Burgundy, as the focus on terroir and the quality of the different climates increases. Meursault is one of the appellations where the tradition with single vineyard village is becoming more deeply rooted in the Burgundian soil. Producers like Coche-Dury and Domaine Roulot have a quite large ...
- Seize the wine – Henri Jayer, Richebourg 1985Seize the wine … seize the day when you see the great bottle. Wine prices are going trough the roof and I’m pretty sure they will rise even further in the future. So if you find “The” wine at a expensive but resonably fair price on a restaurant or in a wine shop … seize ...
- Village wines blended or single vineyardIt seems like a growing number of producers in Burgundy are producing single vineyard village wines, thus changing the tradition of blending the village wines in to one cuvee. For some producers it’s an old tradition, but for others it’s a new approach. But is single vineyard village wines a good idea, or just another ...