On my October 2017 trip to Burgundy I had the chance to visit Armand Heitz at Domaine Heitz-Lochardet to taste the 2016s from bottle.
For further info about the estate see the article from the tasting of the tasting of the 2015s from Heitz-Lochardet
Furthermore here is an older article with a bit more background – check the producer insight.
Armand is charging forward getting more and more of the vineyards back to the family estate. This is often a long proces, if the vineyards are rented out via long metayage contracts. Great to see that Heitz-Lochardet will be producing more wines in the years to come – these are lovely wines, that provides delicious drinking.
Armand Heitz has made some lovely wines in 2016 – despite being hit by the April 2016 frost en several appellations.
With no further ado – lets taste some 2016s.
The red 2016s from Domaine Heitz-Lochardet – tasted from bottle
The 2016s are more firmly structured, and less generous than the lavish 2015s … which certainly is fine for the whites, but more a question of personal preference for the reds.
You need to login as a Premium subscriber to read the rest of this article. If you are not a Premium subscriber, use the subscribe function and sign-up.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Faiveley, Chambertin Clos de Bèze Les Ouvrées Rodin 2013 December 7, 2017
- Domaine Faiveley, Latricieres-Chambertin 2014 February 11, 2017
- Visit to Domaine Faiveley – tasting the white 2018s On my November 2019 trip I had the opportunity to vist Domaine Faiveley to taste the celebrated, but also difficult, 2018 vintage. The tasting was held with directeur technique (chief winemaker) Jérôme Flous, who gave us his selection from the Faiveley wines. Normally I taste with Erwan Faiveley, but it was refreshing to get a different perspective ...
- Visit Domaine Faiveley – tasting of the 2017 vintage On my November 2018 trip I had the opportunity to visit Domaine Faiveley to taste the 2017 vintage. We were received at the now finished new Chai in Nuits-Saint-Georges by Erwan Faiveley who was ready with the best of the 2017s. Photo: Erwan Faiveley – November 2018 Impressions from the winery in Nuits-Saint-Georges The rebuilding and renovation of the ...
- Visit Domaine Faiveley – tasting of the white 2017s On my November 2018 trip I had the opportunity to vist Domaine Faiveley to taste the 2017 vintage. As last time Erwan Faiveley conducted the tasting himself, choosing a fine but limited selection of the best wines in the huge portfolio of Faiveley wines. Photo: Erwan Faiveley – November 2018 This time I tasted both red (will ...
- Visit Domaine Faiveley – tasting of the 2016 vintage On my October 2017 yrip I had the opportunity to vist Domaine Faiveley to taste the 2016 vintage. As last time Erwan Faiveley conducted the tasting himself, choosing a fine but limited selection of the best wines in the huge portfolio of Faiveley wines. To taste the full portfolio is for me too comprehensive – so ...
- The new Faiveley cellars in Nuits-Saint-Georges The restored and renovated cellar of Domaine Faiveley in Nuits-Saint-Georges is truly magnificent building Great to see this project maintaining and respecting the arcitecture of the old building, while creating a new and modern cellar in the original space within the center of Nuits-Saint-Georges. The beautiful view to the vineyards just behind the building is anorher highlight ...