The Echezeaux 2007 from Jean Grivot is a truly mineralic expression of the Echezeaux terroir. The bouquet is offering primary red berry fruit – spiced with slightly toasted oak notes and a superb minerality. On the palate fine concentration for the vintage …. quite muscular with a firm mineralic backbone from the beautiful Les Cruots terroir. The fruit is intense and weighty with a long intense mineral charged finish – with a slight vegetal note appearing after some time in the glass. Nevertheless – it’s a lovely Echezeaux – for those who love the mineralic style. Look out for the Grivot Echezeaux … it’s improving year after year.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux-Monts 2014 June 5, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Echezeaux 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2008 March 19, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2007 November 30, 2014
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2004 June 30, 2014
- Jean Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2011 April 22, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2011 April 18, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2011 April 17, 2013
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 March 30, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2007 March 8, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 April 2, 2012
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 1988 November 7, 2011
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2008 October 13, 2011
- Burgundy day one and two … the truly delightful 2015 vintage I’m now on day two of my June Burgundy trip .. five magnificent tastings so far – Domaine Michéle et Patrice Rion, Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüè, Domaine Heitz-Lochardet. Domaine Jean Grivot and Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg. It’s very humid in Burgundy .. more rain today … and the forecast say more rain in the following days … ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Jean Grivot Richebourg Domaine Grivot is one of the top end producers on Richebourg in my view only surpassed by DRC and Domaine Leroy – and quite evenly matched or even better than Domaine Meo-Camuzet and Domaine Anne Gros. While the Grivot family has been in Vosne-Romanee since the late 18th cenury … the ownership of Richebourg is however ...
- Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots – a fragmented delight The Aux Reignots is in my view one of the most interesting 1er crus of Cote de Nuits – its perhaps not quite in the same popularity league as Vosne-Romanee Cros Parantoux, Aux Malconsorts or Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses, but the focus on this terroir has increased dramatically during the last 10 to 15 years. Louis-Michel ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...