The Echezeaux 2007 from Jean Grivot is a truly mineralic expression of the Echezeaux terroir. The bouquet is offering primary red berry fruit – spiced with slightly toasted oak notes and a superb minerality. On the palate fine concentration for the vintage …. quite muscular with a firm mineralic backbone from the beautiful Les Cruots terroir. The fruit is intense and weighty with a long intense mineral charged finish – with a slight vegetal note appearing after some time in the glass. Nevertheless – it’s a lovely Echezeaux – for those who love the mineralic style. Look out for the Grivot Echezeaux … it’s improving year after year.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2004 June 30, 2014
- Jean Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2011 April 22, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2011 April 18, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2011 April 17, 2013
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 March 30, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2007 March 8, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 April 2, 2012
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 1988 November 7, 2011
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2008 October 13, 2011
- WineHog rating system – articulated Robert Parker!! Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...