The Vosne Les Beaux Monts is one of my favorite wines from Grivot – and the 2011 version is yet again a delightful glass of Vosne. The bouquet is bursting with stony minerality, Vosne spices and red berry fruit. It’s airy and quite filigree – lovely complexity. On the palate fine red fruit – very well supported and focused by the excellent mineralic drive. The finish is long and refined with a lovely nerve and energy – love the terroir expression in this wine.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Rouges 2009 November 29, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux-Monts 2014 June 5, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Echezeaux 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2008 March 19, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2007 November 30, 2014
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2004 June 30, 2014
- Jean Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2011 April 22, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2011 April 18, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2011 April 17, 2013
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 March 30, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2007 March 8, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 April 2, 2012
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 1988 November 7, 2011
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2008 October 13, 2011
- Visit to Domaine Grivot – Tasting the 2020s from CaskDomaine Grivot has been highly consistent in its quality over the last five years, if not even longer. The wines here are predictable in a good way, meaning that high expectations for the 2020s were in order. The vintage, with its excellent acidity, good concentration, and structure, should work very well with the Grivot style. ...
- Visit Domaine Grivot – Tasting the 2019s from tankThere’s still time to get the last 2019 tastings in the book – or should I say on the blog. Domaine Grivot is a pleasure to visit, taste and write about, like many others in 2019. The vintage and the Grivot style work very well together, as the rather rich fruit is a fine match to ...
- Visit to Domaine Grivot – tasting the 2018sPlanning tastings in Burgundy is sometimes difficult, as unexpected events can delay the program and – if you’re not careful – cause problems for the rest of the day. The Grivot visit last year came after a lovely tasting at Domaine Dujac, an event that took a bit more time than planned (by me at least). Mathilde ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Jean Grivot, EchezeauxEchezeaux Les Cruots or if you like Echezeaux Les Vigne Blanches is one of the most interesting terroirs in the Flagey-Echezeaux part of Burgundy. Henry Jayer found this to be one of the best terroirs in the large Echezeaux grand cru – and Jayer apparently made a special Echezeaux cuvée from this vineyard. One of the most ...
- Terroir View: Domaine Grivot, Vosne-Romanée Les SuchotsDomaine Grivot has a lovely collection of 1er crus – 9 in total – and the quality of these wines are increasing year by year. The Vosne-Romanée Les Suchots is in my view one of the top 1er crus, although both the Aux Reignots and the Brûlées are perhaps more know by collectors. It’s however ...