I’m not a very big fan of the 2009 vintage, but some 2009s are simply gorgeous – one is the very fine Echezeaux from Jean Grivot. The bouquet is oozing with minerality, red cherries, raspberries and liquorice. On the palate the fruit is very forward and outgoing, good acidity and very fine balance. The fruit is very fresh and vibrant for a 2009. A top end Echezeaux – what a adorable wine! Must say i’m getting increasingly impressed with the progress at Domaine Grivot.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Rouges 2009 November 29, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux-Monts 2014 June 5, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Echezeaux 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2008 March 19, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2007 November 30, 2014
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2004 June 30, 2014
- Jean Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2011 April 22, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2011 April 18, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2011 April 17, 2013
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 March 30, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2007 March 8, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 April 2, 2012
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 1988 November 7, 2011
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2008 October 13, 2011
- Vins d’Emotion from Vosne-Romanée and Flagey-EchezeauxTo simplify your search for emotional wines, I have decided to compile a list of the top emotional producers in each appellation. Comments and thoughts The list contains producers that regularly score an emotional rating, and they are ranked in three levels. I hope this proves useful; here we go! Note that any wines marked with brackets ...
- Visit to Domaine Grivot – Tasting the 2020s from CaskDomaine Grivot has been highly consistent in its quality over the last five years, if not even longer. The wines here are predictable in a good way, meaning that high expectations for the 2020s were in order. The vintage, with its excellent acidity, good concentration, and structure, should work very well with the Grivot style. ...
- Visit Domaine Grivot – Tasting the 2019s from tankThere’s still time to get the last 2019 tastings in the book – or should I say on the blog. Domaine Grivot is a pleasure to visit, taste and write about, like many others in 2019. The vintage and the Grivot style work very well together, as the rather rich fruit is a fine match to ...
- Visit to Domaine Grivot – tasting the 2018sPlanning tastings in Burgundy is sometimes difficult, as unexpected events can delay the program and – if you’re not careful – cause problems for the rest of the day. The Grivot visit last year came after a lovely tasting at Domaine Dujac, an event that took a bit more time than planned (by me at least). Mathilde ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Jean Grivot, EchezeauxEchezeaux Les Cruots or if you like Echezeaux Les Vigne Blanches is one of the most interesting terroirs in the Flagey-Echezeaux part of Burgundy. Henry Jayer found this to be one of the best terroirs in the large Echezeaux grand cru – and Jayer apparently made a special Echezeaux cuvée from this vineyard. One of the most ...