The Clos de Vougeot 2011 is a very fine effort for the vintage. The bouquet is darker than the Echezeaux with intense red berry fruit, liquorice, a fair bit of oak and a hint of chocolate. On the palate quite impressive concentration and depth. The minerality is earthy and not as vibrant and highly strung as the Echezeaux – but the weight and length of this wine is excellent. I do however miss some of the mineralic tension in the Echezeaux – nevertheless this is a lovely wine and a quite classic Clos de Vougeot.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Rouges 2009 November 29, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux-Monts 2014 June 5, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Echezeaux 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2008 March 19, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2007 November 30, 2014
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2004 June 30, 2014
- Jean Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2011 April 22, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2011 April 18, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2011 April 17, 2013
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 March 30, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2007 March 8, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 April 2, 2012
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 1988 November 7, 2011
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2008 October 13, 2011
- Visit Domaine Grivot – Tasting the 2019s from tankThere’s still time to get the last 2019 tastings in the book – or should I say on the blog. Domaine Grivot is a pleasure to visit, taste and write about, like many others in 2019. The vintage and the Grivot style work very well together, as the rather rich fruit is a fine match to ...
- Visit to Domaine Grivot – tasting the 2018sPlanning tastings in Burgundy is sometimes difficult, as unexpected events can delay the program and – if you’re not careful – cause problems for the rest of the day. The Grivot visit last year came after a lovely tasting at Domaine Dujac, an event that took a bit more time than planned (by me at least). Mathilde ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Jean Grivot, EchezeauxEchezeaux Les Cruots or if you like Echezeaux Les Vigne Blanches is one of the most interesting terroirs in the Flagey-Echezeaux part of Burgundy. Henry Jayer found this to be one of the best terroirs in the large Echezeaux grand cru – and Jayer apparently made a special Echezeaux cuvée from this vineyard. One of the most ...
- Terroir View: Domaine Grivot, Vosne-Romanée Les SuchotsDomaine Grivot has a lovely collection of 1er crus – 9 in total – and the quality of these wines are increasing year by year. The Vosne-Romanée Les Suchots is in my view one of the top 1er crus, although both the Aux Reignots and the Brûlées are perhaps more know by collectors. It’s however ...
- Visit Domaine Grivot: Tasting of the 2017s from tankA new year and a new vintage – and back at Rue de la Croix Rameau .. looking forward to taste the Grivot 2017s. The 2016s showed very well in my view, with a lovely balance and intensity – the 2017 are somewhat lighter and more forward offering a more sunny and fresh style than the ...