The Cuvée Vieilles Vignes 2009 is another top Clos de Vougeot … surprisingly balanced for this rather hot and ripe year. The nose is very vinous with ripe fruit – expressive and quite forward for the age and the vintage. On the palate rich, weighty with a long quite firmly structured finish. I like the balance here as well as the rather fresh acidity for the vintage. It’s not over the top as some 2009s … will be interesting to follow.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2009 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2012 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2013 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2015 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Cuvée Classique 2015 July 22, 2016
- Dégustation Prestige – Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru This year Grand Jours de Bourgogne included a Dégustation Prestige of Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru … as it did two years ago. It’s a tasting of around 20 wines from the Clos de Vougeot vineyard – this year with the oldest being a 1989 from Domaine Joseph Drouhin and the youngest being a 2008 from ...
- Visit Chateau de la Tour – tasting the 2016s from cask The 2016 vintage appear to be a great year for Clos de Vogeout, as the frost and the low yields have given some intense wines from this mighty grand cru. The fresh and vibrant acidity of the vintage have furthermore given the Clos de Vougeots a lovely balance and freshness – that makes this a ...
- Terroir Insight: Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot V.V. Chateau de la Tour is the largest owner of Clos de Vougeot with large holdings in the center of this enormous Grand Cru. In normal years Francois Labet makes two cuvees of Clos de Vougeot – the Cuvée Classique and the Cuvée Vieilles Vignes, and in recent vintages a top Cuvée Hommage Jean Morin has topped ...