Starting out with the Bourgogne Roncevie 2015 a delightful glass. Its produced in Gevrey-Chambertin and the yearly production is around 29000 bottles .. a healthy quantity. Slight reduction (prepared for bottling) on the nose currently but lovely expressive fruit underneath .. fine berry notes and floral. On the palate tremendous weight for this level – zappy and juicy red fruit with a fine midpalate tension – furthermore fresh with some red currant notes .. a truly delightful generic Burgundy …
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Arlaud, Bonnes-Mares 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Clos Saint-Denis 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Clos de la Roche 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Charmes-Chambertin 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Gevrey-Chambertin Aux Combottes 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Morey-Saint-Denis Aux Chezeaux 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Morey-Saint-Denis Les Ruchots 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Chambolle-Musigny Les Sentier 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Morey-Saint-Denis Les Millandes 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Gevrey-Chambertin 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Chambolle-Musigny 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Bourgogne Roncevie 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Charmes Chambertin 2010 April 30, 2012
- Domaine Arlaud, Chambolle Musigny 2010 April 25, 2012
- Domaine Arlaud, Bourgogne Rouge Roncevie 2010 April 24, 2012
- Domaine Arlaud, Morey Saint Denis Les Blanchards 2009 February 2, 2012
- Visit to Domaine Arlaud – tasting the 2020s from caskI am back at Domaine Arlaud, tasting the 2020s just three months after enjoying the 2019s from bottle. There’s no reason to repeat Arlaud’s story here, as it is available and up to date in the article about the 2019s. Photo from March 2021 Just one reminder: Domaine Arlaud is certified both BioDyvin and Agriculture Biologique (AB). It ...
- Visit to Domaine Arlaud – tasting the bottled 2019sDomaine Arlaud is producing some magnificent wines, and year by year the connoisseur’s awareness of them increases. Arlaud is both organically and biodynamically certified, and despite the slowly but surely increasing renown of this estate, it is still somewhat under the radar. How long will that last? The low-key domaine is located in a relatively ...
- Brandis Tasting – the delightful 2017 vintageDomaine Brandis, with Tom Brandis at the wheel, is one of Denmark’s main Burgundy importers. In early November, Tom held his large Wine Festival with a very fine lineup of delightful producers – French, German, Italian; you name it, they were there. A very, very rare bird I had a short splash and dash at this tasting, as I ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Arlaud Bonnes MaresWhile I have a soft spot for the Clos Saint-Denis from Domaine Arlaud the Bonnes Mares is the top wine of this fine estate. The wines of Domaine Arlaud have in my view been somewhat overlooked, but the quality in recent vintages seem to generate more interest and demand for these fine wines – so get ...
- The red 2016s – Impressions and first insightsAfter running through my tasting notes from my June 2017 trip I have updated my impressions on the 2016 red Burgundies. Thibaud Clerget of Domaine Y. Clerget. I will update these impressions as I taste more 2016s over the next year, and add more insights ass I find them. Red Burgundies 2016 – style and impressions The 2016 red ...