One of the highlights of the lineup is however the Gevrey-Chambertin Aux Combottes 2015 – a truly spirited and vibrantly energetic wine. The bouquet is an explosion of red fresh fruit – red currant, strawberries and pomegranate. On the palate strikingly vivid red fruit – core of sweet fruit and balancing pomegranate fruit – so cool and energetic with all he best qualities of the 2015 vintage – it’s from a plot on the border to Latricières-Chambertin … this is a true delight – chapeau!
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Arlaud, Bonnes-Mares 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Clos Saint-Denis 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Clos de la Roche 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Charmes-Chambertin 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Gevrey-Chambertin Aux Combottes 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Morey-Saint-Denis Aux Chezeaux 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Morey-Saint-Denis Les Ruchots 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Chambolle-Musigny Les Sentier 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Morey-Saint-Denis Les Millandes 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Gevrey-Chambertin 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Chambolle-Musigny 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Bourgogne Roncevie 2015 July 10, 2017
- Domaine Arlaud, Charmes Chambertin 2010 April 30, 2012
- Domaine Arlaud, Chambolle Musigny 2010 April 25, 2012
- Domaine Arlaud, Bourgogne Rouge Roncevie 2010 April 24, 2012
- Domaine Arlaud, Morey Saint Denis Les Blanchards 2009 February 2, 2012
- Brandis Tasting – the delightful 2017 vintage Domaine Brandis, with Tom Brandis at the wheel, is one of Denmark’s main Burgundy importers. In early November, Tom held his large Wine Festival with a very fine lineup of delightful producers – French, German, Italian; you name it, they were there. A very, very rare bird I had a short splash and dash at this tasting, as I ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Arlaud Bonnes Mares While I have a soft spot for the Clos Saint-Denis from Domaine Arlaud the Bonnes Mares is the top wine of this fine estate. The wines of Domaine Arlaud have in my view been somewhat overlooked, but the quality in recent vintages seem to generate more interest and demand for these fine wines – so get ...
- The red 2016s – Impressions and first insights After running through my tasting notes from my June 2017 trip I have updated my impressions on the 2016 red Burgundies. Thibaud Clerget of Domaine Y. Clerget. I will update these impressions as I taste more 2016s over the next year, and add more insights ass I find them. Red Burgundies 2016 – style and impressions The 2016 red ...
- Visit Domaine Arlaud – tasting of the 2015s from cask Domaine Arlaud is producing some magnificent wines – and despite they are both Biodynamic and improving quality each year they still are somewhat under the radar. In my view they certainly don’t get the deserved credit and acclaim. In a sense the estate is quite low key .. located in a relatively new building located across ...
- Odds and ends around Christmas and New Year I tasted quite a few interesting wines at social gatherings while celebrating Christmas and New Year. Lafon galore .. the good, the ugly Starting out with the whites I tasted three wines from Comte Lafon two 2004s – Les Perrieres and Les Charmes, and one sadly premoxed example of the 2001 Meursault Perrieres. The 2004 Meursault Charmes was ...