The Berthaut-Gerbet Les Suchots is a brilliant wine .. for the year, and for the estate. It’s vivid and energetic with plenty of fruit – lovely balance and length. It’s a truly lovely 2016, a gorgeous Les Suchots .. stunningly good to be honest – one of the best tasted from this fine estate so far. Adore the deep fruit and the juicy feel.
(Drink from 2030) – Very Fine – (93p) – Tasted 14/11/2018
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Château 2014 October 25, 2022
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – Tasting the 2021s October 24, 2022
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée La Colombière 2009 October 21, 2022
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – Tasting the 2021s from Cask July 12, 2022
- Exploring the Domaine Tawse Musigny June 14, 2022
- On the Table, In the Glass #36: Un Vrai Vin de Soif June 6, 2022
- Domaine Charles Lachaux Côte de Nuits Villages Aux Montagnes 2019 April 3, 2022
- Domaine Bizot Vosne-Romanée Les Jachées 2006 March 25, 2022
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne-Romanée 2008 March 24, 2022
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2013 March 23, 2022
- Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Aligoté La Corvee de Bully 2014 March 11, 2022
- Domaine de Cassiopée Aligoté En Gerlieus 2020 March 10, 2022
- Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2017 February 21, 2022
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – tasting the 2020s from cask November 6, 2021
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2007 in magnum September 8, 2021
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2018 September 8, 2021
- Domaine Trapet Latricieres-Chambertin 2018 September 5, 2021
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle-Musigny Les Cras 2010 June 25, 2021
- The DRC Richebourg 2010 and a contrasting RSV May 14, 2021
- Visit to Domaine Anne Gros – tasting the 2019s May 3, 2021
- Domaine Aladame 2019s February 5, 2021
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie Vosne-Romanee Les Barreaux 2018 September 10, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle-Musigny 2015 September 8, 2020
- Domaine Serafin Gevrey- Chambertin Les Cazetiers 2018 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Denis Carré Meursault Tillets 2017 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle Musigny Les Combottes 2010 September 1, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1990 July 4, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1988 July 1, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Meix Chavaux 1992 June 30, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Charmes 2007 June 27, 2020
- Visit to Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini – Tasting the 2021sDomaine Heresztyn-Mazzini: The names tell a story, give some history, and are important in how this producer presents itself to the world. Heresztyn-Mazzini carries Polish heritage originating with Florence (Heresztyn) Mazzini’s grandfather. Florence’s husband Simon comes from Champagne origins. Sometimes names are difficult to pronounce or spell, but in the end, one learns to work ...
- Restaurants in Burgundy – My Current Choices UpdatedMany readers ask about restaurants in Burgundy and want to know where I eat, as well as where can one expect both good food and interesting wine. This section is under revision and update … content is new and fresh! Wine, ambience, and attitude There are a few important things one should note: – Plan ahead; in some villages ...
- Visit to Domaine Coquard-Loison-Fleurot – Tasting the 2021sI’m back at CLF (Domaine Coquard-Loison-Fleurot) to taste the 2021s, and my expectations are high. They always rise here if the vintage is on the vivid and cooler side, whereas vintages like 2018 can be challenging at this address, or should I say below the very high standard I expect and normally get from winemaker ...
- A First: Visit to PYCM – Tasting the 2021sI had never visited Domaine Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey or Domaine Caroline Morey, so I was excited when I met Clement Colin, Pierre-Yves’ and Caroline’s son, and he offered me a tasting at the domaines in Chassagne-Montrachet. Domaine Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey is a well-known white-wine-producing estate, while Caroline Morey produces both reds and whites to complete the picture. This article ...
- 2021: The Surprise of the Heterogeneous FewAs I was a harvester in 2021, I know just how bad some grapes looked at the time they were picked. Creating lovely wines from this mess seemed at the time rather unrealistic. The results are now almost finalised (the wines are nearing the end of their time in tank and barrel), and surprisingly, there are ...