The Berthaut-Gerbet Les Suchots is a brilliant wine .. for the year, and for the estate. It’s vivid and energetic with plenty of fruit – lovely balance and length. It’s a truly lovely 2016, a gorgeous Les Suchots .. stunningly good to be honest – one of the best tasted from this fine estate so far. Adore the deep fruit and the juicy feel.
(Drink from 2030) – Very Fine – (93p) – Tasted 14/11/2018
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie Vosne-Romanee Les Barreaux 2018 September 10, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle-Musigny 2015 September 8, 2020
- Domaine Serafin Gevrey- Chambertin Les Cazetiers 2018 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Denis Carré Meursault Tillets 2017 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle Musigny Les Combottes 2010 September 1, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1990 July 4, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1988 July 1, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Meix Chavaux 1992 June 30, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Charmes 2007 June 27, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Charmes 2001 June 27, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1989 June 26, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Goutte d’Or 1988 June 26, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: a Chambolle surprise June 25, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Chevalières 2017 June 24, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Goutte d’Or 2017 June 24, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: a delightful La Framboisière June 19, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: the fresh Montagny June 13, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: the generous white Mercurey June 10, 2020
- Domaine Naudin-Ferrand Côte de Nuits Villages «Viola Odorata» 2016 June 9, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: the vivid Ladoix June 8, 2020
- Bruno Clavelier Corton Le Rognet 2010 May 23, 2020
- Domaine Truchetet Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Topons 2018 May 7, 2020
- Domaine Truchetet Côtes de Nuits Village 2018 April 28, 2020
- Domaine Comte de Vogüé Chambolle-Musigny 1er cru 2005 April 17, 2020
- Domaine Vincent Ledy Chorey-les-Beaune 2016 April 17, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Luchets 2017 February 28, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Bourgogne Cote d’Or 2017 Chardonnay February 28, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Vieilles Vignes 2015 February 17, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Terres Nobles 2011 February 16, 2020
- Domaine de la Pousse d’Or Volnay Caillerets Clos de 60 Ouvrées 2005 February 13, 2020
- Terroir Insight: Domaine des Croix Corton-CharlemagneDavid Croix has opened my eyes to red Corton, with his work at both Camille Giraud and Domaine des Croix. I have, however, little experience with the Corton-Charlemagne from David, as I usually taste his reds quite early in their maturation, when the whites are not yet ready for sampling. The Corton-Charlemagne is from vineyards owned ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine des Croix Corton Les GrèvesDavid Croix has opened my eyes to red Corton, with his work at both Camille Giroud and Domaine des Croix. As I mentioned in a previous article, David Croix is for me one of Corton’s masters. He has the ability to transform this big grand cru into a hedonistic treasure and a true wine of pleasure. The ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Morey-Coffinet Chassagne Blanchot DessusMontrachet is a legendary vineyard, and while its boundaries have been fixed since 1921, some neighbouring plots and parcels are more closely related to it than others. Thibault Morey has three plots located very close to the promised land. The first is his Batard-Montrachet, located a wall- and road-width below Domaine Leflaive’s holding in the mythical ...
- Chablis discovery: Domaine Antoine et Laurent RobinI know I can be somewhat grumpy at times, and complain that many wines produced in Chablis do not treat my snout as well as expected. Clearly, the well-known, top domaines in Chablis always perform. It has been increasingly rare to find new estates to promote – until now, however, as some new producers are popping ...
- Hospices de Beaune auction another COVID victimThe 2020 Hospices de Beaune wine auction in Beaune, scheduled for November 15, has been postponed to a later date. Here is the press release concerning the cancellation of the 160th Hospices de Beaune auction, the largest charity wine auction in the world.. A new date will be announced for the sale when all safety ...