The Berthaut-Gerbet Les Suchots is a brilliant wine .. for the year, and for the estate. It’s vivid and energetic with plenty of fruit – lovely balance and length. It’s a truly lovely 2016, a gorgeous Les Suchots .. stunningly good to be honest – one of the best tasted from this fine estate so far. Adore the deep fruit and the juicy feel.
(Drink from 2030) – Very Fine – (93p) – Tasted 14/11/2018
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie Vosne-Romanee Les Barreaux 2018 September 10, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle-Musigny 2015 September 8, 2020
- Domaine Serafin Gevrey- Chambertin Les Cazetiers 2018 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Denis Carré Meursault Tillets 2017 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle Musigny Les Combottes 2010 September 1, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1990 July 4, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1988 July 1, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Meix Chavaux 1992 June 30, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Charmes 2007 June 27, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Charmes 2001 June 27, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1989 June 26, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Goutte d’Or 1988 June 26, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: a Chambolle surprise June 25, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Chevalières 2017 June 24, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Goutte d’Or 2017 June 24, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: a delightful La Framboisière June 19, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: the fresh Montagny June 13, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: the generous white Mercurey June 10, 2020
- Domaine Naudin-Ferrand Côte de Nuits Villages «Viola Odorata» 2016 June 9, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: the vivid Ladoix June 8, 2020
- Bruno Clavelier Corton Le Rognet 2010 May 23, 2020
- Domaine Truchetet Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Topons 2018 May 7, 2020
- Domaine Truchetet Côtes de Nuits Village 2018 April 28, 2020
- Domaine Comte de Vogüé Chambolle-Musigny 1er cru 2005 April 17, 2020
- Domaine Vincent Ledy Chorey-les-Beaune 2016 April 17, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Luchets 2017 February 28, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Bourgogne Cote d’Or 2017 Chardonnay February 28, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Vieilles Vignes 2015 February 17, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Terres Nobles 2011 February 16, 2020
- Domaine de la Pousse d’Or Volnay Caillerets Clos de 60 Ouvrées 2005 February 13, 2020
- COVID-19 statusI have tried to avoid COVID-19 as a topic, as I want Winehog to be largely a COVID-free bubble. This is still my goal, as I am no expert in this terrible and annoying virus, not officially and not even self-professed. I do, however, feel a need to communicate the impact on the Burgundy scene. This crisis ...
- Visit to Domaine Robert Sirugue – tasting the 2018 vintageEmbarrassing… The Winehog (aka Steen Öhman) seems to have forgotten to report the results from the tasting at Domaine Sirugue – in March! Mistakes have been made – clearly – during these COVID-19 times. But still, this is not a proud moment. My apologies to Sirugue, and to the readers who were waiting for the ...
- Wild and wilder: Jérémy RecchioneThe Jérémy Recchione labels attract attention and focus. So do the wines. They started out in 2017 as “regular” organic wines with little sulphur, but evolved further in 2018 and 2019 into wines made and bottled with no sulphur. CALL OF THE WILD!! A short Hog-story: Back in 1987, I scared my French relatives by playing some ...
- Vin d’émotion 2019The 2019 vintage is brilliant and Vins d’émotion are there to be found from many estates. That said, even the best producers have their weak spots. Finding a vin d’émotion is therefore a time-consuming sport – yet it’s fulfilling and gratifying as is nothing else. Vins d’émotion should at all levels bring you extraordinary joy and ...
- The Enjoyables: Vivacious and forward 2019Enjoyable wines are built mainly for straightforward pleasure and enjoyment, and can range from regional to grand cru. The keys are – as always – tension and energy that make the wine both lively and attractive. Big terroirs are not a must with these wines, but neither are they a hindrance. Below is a list of ...