The Berthaut-Gerbet Les Suchots is a brilliant wine .. for the year, and for the estate. It’s vivid and energetic with plenty of fruit – lovely balance and length. It’s a truly lovely 2016, a gorgeous Les Suchots .. stunningly good to be honest – one of the best tasted from this fine estate so far. Adore the deep fruit and the juicy feel.
(Drink from 2030) – Very Fine – (93p) – Tasted 14/11/2018
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Luchets 2017 February 28, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Bourgogne Cote d’Or 2017 Chardonnay February 28, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Vieilles Vignes 2015 February 17, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Terres Nobles 2011 February 16, 2020
- Domaine de la Pousse d’Or Volnay Caillerets Clos de 60 Ouvrées 2005 February 13, 2020
- Domaine de Montille Clos Vougeot 2008 February 10, 2020
- Domaine Dujac Gevrey-Chambertin Aux Combottes 2010 February 9, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages VV 2012 February 8, 2020
- Domaine Dujac Vosne-Romanée Les Beaux Monts 2010 February 8, 2020
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Bourgogne Blanc 2010 February 7, 2020
- Domaine Dublère Corton-Charlemagne 2011 February 7, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Corton Blanc 2017 February 7, 2020
- Domaine Jérôme Galeyrand Gevrey-Chambertin “La Justice” 2017 January 30, 2020
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Clos du Chateau 2009 January 3, 2020
- Henri Boillot Corton-Charlemagne 2017 December 5, 2019
- Domaine Robert Groffier Chambolle Les Amoureuses “Cuvée Blonde” 2016 November 21, 2019
- Domaine d’Eugenie Grands Echezeaux 2014 November 21, 2019
- Domaine Naudin-Ferrand Côte de Nuits Villages «Viola Odorata» 2012 November 5, 2019
- Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Romanée-Saint-Vivant 2009 – 7 years after October 23, 2019
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2000 October 13, 2019
- Hope for an old Romanée-Conti, and a delightful Dujac 1976 September 27, 2019
- Domaine Robert Groffier Chambolle Les Hauts Doix 2010 September 4, 2019
- Domaine Dublère, Charmes-Chambertin 2006 September 1, 2019
- Domaine Lafouge, Auxey-Duresse Climat du Val 2016 August 16, 2019
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie, Vosne-Romanee “Les Barreaux” 2017 August 16, 2019
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie, Bourgogne Passetoutgrain rosé 2018 August 16, 2019
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie, Bourgogne Passetoutgrain rosé 2017 July 30, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2009 July 26, 2019
- La Ferme de Saint Roux, Friponne rosé 2018 July 24, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Corton “Cuvée Baie par Baie” 2017 July 23, 2019
- Visit to Domaine Chopin – tasting the 2018s Known or unknown? Good or great? Fine or Emotional? Rising Star? … the truth is as always in the glass! I first tasted a wine from Domaine Chopin during the summer of 2019, having just returned from a tasting trip to Burgundy. It was a 2017 Chambolle-Musigny and it seduced me at once. It was simply ...
- Terroir Insight: Gros Frère et Soeur Clos de Vougeot Clos de Vougeot has a magic ring to it, despite the fact that many wines from this large vineyard are what one could call somewhat disappointing, In the last 10-15 years quality has, however, improved notably and is often now more in line with expectations. One of the most famous sections of the clos is the ...
- Vincent Ledy: an exciting discovery A new rising star! This is how people like me – wine journalists – write in a moment of excitement and sometimes even ill-hidden self-promotion. The truth is, however, that this vigneron is not that well-known, but presumably cherished by many private clients in France. So OK: for me, a relatively unknown producer. My first ...
- The odd and fabulous Jadot Musigny 1977! I once tasted a magnificent negociant Musigny from a very, very unlikely vintage. The wine was Louis Jadot’s Musigny 1977. Jadot generally produces a fine Musigny, but perhaps not at the very top of the Musigny range. And ’77 was an appallingly poor vintage. I tasted the wine in the early or mid 1990s. The ...
- Collins Corner #24 – The last known bottle! This week Robert Collins is flying low over the villages, vineyards and vintages of Burgundy … yet respecting the recommended 2 meters distance to friends and foes. The last known bottle Vintages always evoke nostalgia, more so when it is your birth year. Mine was a great one, not that I had any choice ...