The Berthaut-Gerbet Les Suchots is a brilliant wine .. for the year, and for the estate. It’s vivid and energetic with plenty of fruit – lovely balance and length. It’s a truly lovely 2016, a gorgeous Les Suchots .. stunningly good to be honest – one of the best tasted from this fine estate so far. Adore the deep fruit and the juicy feel.
(Drink from 2030) – Very Fine – (93p) – Tasted 14/11/2018
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Terres Nobles 2011 February 16, 2020
- Domaine de la Pousse d’Or Volnay Caillerets Clos de 60 Ouvrées 2005 February 13, 2020
- Domaine de Montille Clos Vougeot 2008 February 10, 2020
- Domaine Dujac Gevrey-Chambertin Aux Combottes 2010 February 9, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages VV 2012 February 8, 2020
- Domaine Dujac Vosne-Romanée Les Beaux Monts 2010 February 8, 2020
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Bourgogne Blanc 2010 February 7, 2020
- Domaine Dublère Corton-Charlemagne 2011 February 7, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Corton Blanc 2017 February 7, 2020
- Domaine Jérôme Galeyrand Gevrey-Chambertin “La Justice” 2017 January 30, 2020
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Clos du Chateau 2009 January 3, 2020
- Henri Boillot Corton-Charlemagne 2017 December 5, 2019
- Domaine Robert Groffier Chambolle Les Amoureuses “Cuvée Blonde” 2016 November 21, 2019
- Domaine d’Eugenie Grands Echezeaux 2014 November 21, 2019
- Domaine Naudin-Ferrand Côte de Nuits Villages «Viola Odorata» 2012 November 5, 2019
- Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Romanée-Saint-Vivant 2009 – 7 years after October 23, 2019
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2000 October 13, 2019
- Hope for an old Romanée-Conti, and a delightful Dujac 1976 September 27, 2019
- Domaine Robert Groffier Chambolle Les Hauts Doix 2010 September 4, 2019
- Domaine Dublère, Charmes-Chambertin 2006 September 1, 2019
- Domaine Lafouge, Auxey-Duresse Climat du Val 2016 August 16, 2019
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie, Vosne-Romanee “Les Barreaux” 2017 August 16, 2019
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie, Bourgogne Passetoutgrain rosé 2018 August 16, 2019
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie, Bourgogne Passetoutgrain rosé 2017 July 30, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2009 July 26, 2019
- La Ferme de Saint Roux, Friponne rosé 2018 July 24, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Corton “Cuvée Baie par Baie” 2017 July 23, 2019
- Vincent Wine Company, Pinot Noir Eola-Amity Hills Zenith Vineyard 2016 July 14, 2019
- Château-Grillet 2008 June 29, 2019
- Domaine d’Eugenie, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Perclos 2015 June 29, 2019
- Visit to Domaine Faiveley – tasting the white 2018s On my November 2019 trip I had the opportunity to vist Domaine Faiveley to taste the celebrated, but also difficult, 2018 vintage. The tasting was held with directeur technique (chief winemaker) Jérôme Flous, who gave us his selection from the Faiveley wines. Normally I taste with Erwan Faiveley, but it was refreshing to get a different perspective ...
- The case of the 2005 red Burgundies – Orderrrrrrrrr! The 2005 Burgundy vintage received much acclaim when it was released onto the market. Then a debate followed regarding the character of the vintage, and some criticism arose – not always in the most civilized fashion. But what is the current state of the 2005s, now almost 15 years down the road? I have recently tasted a ...
- Visit to Domaine Berthaut-Gerbet – tasting the 2018s Burgundy is a magnificent place with tremendous wines, tasty food, beautiful countryside and villages to experience and enjoy. This is, however, a problem when on a wine-tasting trip. There are too many appointments and too little time to simply live and enjoy Burgundy, to indulge and float through hedonistic pleasure and peaceful relaxation. This is what Burgundy ...
- Visit up above to Domaine de la Douaix – tasting the 2018s Gilles of Arcenant: There is something poetic about the beautiful hills of the Hautes Côtes and the wines of Gilles Moustie; slightly rustic perhaps, but yes, also poetic. Gilles is a sturdy Belgian who is in the Hautes Côtes with a strong purpose. He is certainly the guy to take the high road style- and quality-wise ...
- Collins Corner #22 – Vintages: Not just a numbers game! This week Robert Collins is flying low over the villages, vineyards and vintages of Burgundy. VINTAGES : NOT JUST A NUMBERS GAME! Does it add up? Sometimes you are trapped when you try to reduce life’s experiences to a CFO’s balance sheet. Behind the vintage are many emotions, and your wine can reflect much more ...