David Croix made some tremendous 2015s .. and they have now arrived in bottle. The Beaune Les Cents Vignes is a lovely lighter and forward Beaune 1er cru – nose brimming with juicy red and dark fruit – openly knit and with a nice earthy note. On the palate very juicy and vivacious – fresh and transparent fruit on the midpalate – airy and balanced. Lovely energy and tension – a gorgeous wine especially considering the price. (I know photo is of the even better Beaune Pertuisots).
(Drink From 2025) – Very Good+ (90 – 91p) – Tasted 10/01/2018.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Les Cents Vignes 2015 January 12, 2018
- Domaine des Croix, Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru Les Peuillets 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Pertuisots 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Corton Greves 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Corton La Vigne au Saint 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Greves 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Bressandes 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Aloxe Corton Les Boutières 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Village 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Les Greves 2009 April 18, 2012
- Corton, Corton, red Corton .. exploring the hill This week I attended a tasting of red Corton; a rare thing, in Denmark at least. The tasting included 10 Cortons from five producers, all top-flight amongst the panoply of Corton producers. The purpose was to learn: learn about different parts of the Corton vineyards, learn about the different producers … or in short, LEARN. It was ...
- Visit Domaine des Croix – tasting the 2017s from cask A lovely visit at Domaine des Croix … an “early” and fresh 2017s vintage in the glass. David Croix is back at the home estate, after ending his work at Domaine Roulot – now focussing on the Beaune and Corton vineyards. As always in focus ,, and ready to make the best and most of it – ...
- Notes and comments to visits in May 2018 The 2017s are showing beautifully in most cases – considering it’s rather early in the elevage. Malo in most cases were finished very or fairly early, and reds are given the nature of the vintage made with a rather light hand – also making the wines easier to taste at this stage. In my view it’s ...
- Visit Domaine des Croix – tasting the 2016s from cask In the twilight zone between frost and mildew we find a revelation, as the 2016 wines rise from the ashes like Phoenix … full of vibrant life and energy. While the producers rightfully complain about the low quantities in the 2016 vintage – most are now trying to repress the memory of the 2016 growing season ...
- Collins Corner: Its a big world, Beaune When you read a missive from one of the Publicity Hounds that like to fill you in on the “prestige” wines, Beaune will be dismissed in a wave of condensation, “too many premier crus” and “lets go somewhere where there is only a barrel per Luit Dix made” somewhere in the Nuits. There is the lie ...